PDA

View Full Version : Engine drawings/specs

NielsGalan
02-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey guys.

I'll be needing to open up the old girl, and I was wondering if anybody knew where to find info, technical drawings etc. on an M21 diesel engine?

All the best!

NielsGalan
02-25-2005, 03:45 AM
I'll try one more time ...

Interceptor
02-25-2005, 05:37 AM
I'll try one more time ...
Why fiddle with the M21 when you could put in an M51? Just get the engine together with the turbo, intercooler and the DDE and it will be cheaper then to rebuild the old M21. It wasn't a good engine anyway - 326k km is a pretty lousy result for a BMW engine :)

NielsGalan
02-28-2005, 04:41 AM
Hey man. It's bad manners to badmouth another man's engine! :D

No, the engine's fine. Nice and smooth - plenty og power for me. It certainly won't win me any drag races, but who gives a rat's ass?. Only need to do a few adjustments, so I was just thinking, since the net is abundant with BMW related material, why shouldn't there be some info on the ol' M21?

Rule no. 1: Don't f**k your friend's girlfriend.
Rule no. 2: Don't badmouth your friends engine! he he

Paul in NZ
02-28-2005, 05:08 AM
yeah no 1 rule of ANY car site...dont diss the rides.......I suppose Niels you have got the limited info on the e 34.net...

NielsGalan
02-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Yes, I am familiar with Bruno's (fabulous, priceless!!!) site. I also guess that most of the users here are American, and I think I know that diesel BMW's are not that common over there.

But I thought it was worth a shot ...

Interceptor
02-28-2005, 05:35 AM
Hey man. It's bad manners to badmouth another man's engine! :D

No, the engine's fine. Nice and smooth - plenty og power for me. It certainly won't win me any drag races, but who gives a rat's ass?. Only need to do a few adjustments, so I was just thinking, since the net is abundant with BMW related material, why shouldn't there be some info on the ol' M21?

Rule no. 1: Don't f**k your friend's girlfriend.
Rule no. 2: Don't badmouth your friends engine! he he
It was a joke! Note the smiley :) However, I sincerely apologize if I caused you any pain and suffering or emotional damage :)

I don't have much experience with BMW diesel engines, but my mechanic doesn't seem to have any good words for them. Well, for M21/M51 at least.

NielsGalan
02-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Interceptor: It looks to me that I am not the only one who missed a smiley. Case closed. No apology needed, everybody is happy.