PDA

View Full Version : Stock CD changer trunk mounting

Dave M
02-23-2005, 09:38 PM
I've fixed up a stock Alpine CD changer which was sent to me with the mounting bracket(s). I've never had one mounted in the car before and can't envision how it works (the car is in storage so not handy to play with). I can see how the top piece bolts to the top of the trunk (three bolts) and the bottom piece bolts to it at the front (one bolt?). It appears that the bottom hangs from the top and is not supported by anything in particular. The top piece has a portion that bends around the back, but does not help support the changer. Am I missing a piece? Something else?
If anyone knows what the hell I'm taling about, or better yet, has a photo or link to the proper set up, feel free to enlighten me before I go freeze my gonads in my trunk. I wish I had the digi cam, but not today.

Oh well, if nobody can help, I'll take some photos.

Dave M

Dave M
02-23-2005, 10:35 PM
The below diagram is for a 10 cd changer, but looks like the one I have for my 6 cd changer. It differs in that my changer slides into the lower bracket (#3), and the bottom and top bracket pieces have a sponge material between them.

Does the bent part of the top bracket (#4) attach to the cd changer at the back?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/Misc/CDchangemountetk.jpg

Just wondering,

Dave M

winfred
02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
if you don't have both pieces of the alpine bracket id give up on it and make new brackets from some metal, you can get metal bar stock from home depot/lowes, you need 4 pieces about 3" long bent into a L, observe the screw length limmit that's usually stamped into the side of the changer if you don't have the screws that came with it