PDA

View Full Version : 745i turbo

kyleN20
02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
hello, i was considering getting a turbo, but i simply cant afford to drop 10 thousand on a turbo kit of the highest proformance. i was wondering what kind of power i might expect if i was to buy one of these used kits off ebay, tho ones off of a 1984 745i. i know it is not to expensive to purchas, but i need to know if its worth while. would it just bolt right up? has anyone done this before?

thanks

Kyle

632 Regal
02-23-2005, 07:29 PM
link?

shogun
02-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Check that on the page of the experts. There is a link on my page or click
http://745i.scottiesharpe.com/

cary
02-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Run Forest, Run. Seriously, the 745i had issues, including turbo lag, overheating, detonation problems, etc.. That was with a motor that had the compression lowered to 8:1 to accomadate the turbo. Your motor uses a different FI system, as well as having higher compression.

There is a reason that good turbo systems are $$$$. When designed properly with the necessary upgrades to the motor, they are amazing. When shortcuts are taken, they quickly become a nightmare of blown motors.

Oldgreene34
02-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Run Forest, Run. Seriously, the 745i had issues, including turbo lag, overheating, detonation problems, etc.. That was with a motor that had the compression lowered to 8:1 to accomadate the turbo. Your motor uses a different FI system, as well as having higher compression.

There is a reason that good turbo systems are $$$$. When designed properly with the necessary upgrades to the motor, they are amazing. When shortcuts are taken, they quickly become a nightmare of blown motors.

Correct, just do it right and enjoy...don't fiddle and .....

Dave