PDA

View Full Version : 530 trans leak, 5hp 18 location

632 Regal
02-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Have a leak on the ground about between the engine and radiator area. Figured it was trans when it didnt go directly into gear this morning. Without shoveling 200 feet of heavy snow to get it into the barn is there a common area that leaks that I can see in the "normal" garage and fix or is this something I'll have to work for to find? Kinda was hoping it was oily road residue dripping from the fenderwell...lol. When I looked, as you know nothing can be seen from above in a V8 car.

infinity5
02-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Its probably the trans cooler lines, right? if i pop my head under the car i can see them clearly next to the power steering pump and going up to the radiator. if fact i think i remmember them being part metal and part rubber, like the PS hoses, and that the rubber secton of the line is leaking. just a guess but it sems the most likely section of the system forward of the actual trans to be leaking.

winfred
02-23-2005, 09:17 PM
if you have the external cooler it's possible that it's a o-ring where the lines atach to the cooler, it should be a manifold connection like the ac drier

632 Regal
02-24-2005, 07:47 AM
I suppose I'll have to shovel my way into the barn after all...needs more t-fluid anyways.