PDA

View Full Version : need help installing angeleyes

amg
02-22-2005, 12:16 AM
anyone in the seattle area who has a spare hour or 2 to install new headlights not the kit. i am not the fix it kind of guy am willing to pay someone. the lights i ordered from ebay, not sure im going to like them since the halo ring is not very bright, but thats what i get for paying only 250$. not much for instructions they say plug in play but not that easy for this kid. new to this forum used to check out the old forum nice upgrade. thanks anthony my car is a 1993 525i

crashnburn80
02-23-2005, 07:52 PM
I got those same lights, the're not to hard to install, just got to do alittle wiring. They claim to be 'plug & play' but they are not. I'm in the Seattle-ish area, actually Redmond. But only on the weekends right now. I might be able to give you a hand.

amg
02-23-2005, 08:24 PM
I got those same lights, the're not to hard to install, just got to do alittle wiring. They claim to be 'plug & play' but they are not. I'm in the Seattle-ish area, actually Redmond. But only on the weekends right now. I might be able to give you a hand.
hey thanks for the response i work at the bellevue safeway werehouse on 124th pretty close, so do the rings illuminate the color of your h1 bulb or is the ring just the dim halogen color? i hope the same color as the bulb igot these 8500k blue xenon bulbs, so hope the ring illuminates the bulb color. A guy from work might work on it monday the 28th and also add clear sidemarkers blinkers but he may flake out. I work on sundays and get off at 3:00pm so if he does flake maybe on the 6th of march if possible. thanks again anthony

bahnstormer
02-23-2005, 09:46 PM
they look like this

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~szwarc/e34/shoot/DSC02760%20(Small).JPG
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~szwarc/e34/shoot/DSC02767%20(Small).JPG

install is a little tricky,nothing too hard though....

crashnburn80
02-23-2005, 10:52 PM
They look like the pics that Bahnstormer posted. The rings are halogen colored but so are the OEM ones that are on new BMWs. The 'blue' angle eyes I have seen on E36s look cheap and fake in my opinion. I am running silverstar bulbs and think the contrast between the blue bulb and the halogen colored angle eye looks sharp. Pick up clear corners on ebay, they're cheap and really easy to do at the same time. Let me know if your guy follows through.