PDA

View Full Version : 1989 535i manual for sale -- next stop eBay

mholbrook
02-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey guys, someone must need a great running 535im with all reasonable modifications. Next stop is eBay. Moving and have to sell. House is on the market now. Help me clear the decks.

Signature says a lot but this is one very well thought out car just turning 202k. Don't let the mileage scare you. Newer clutch, new suspension, new tires, M5 wheels, M5 sway bars 25/20, M5 brakes etc, etc, etc. Business CD and new component speakers.

Fast and handles like its on rails.

$6500/best.

bahnstormer
02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
i'll take the strut bar if u don't want it .... ?

RobPatt
02-20-2005, 08:41 PM
too bad cali is a long way from florida.... are they t-stars, for sale?

TC535i
02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Whoa... what's up, Mike?

Give me a call sometime...

Robin-535im
02-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Definitely a nice E34, with lots of tasteful mods. Heck - the upgrade parts alone are probably worth $3k - $4k. If I was a single man I might just buy it, part out the mods and sell the car itself for $6k.

Good luck!

Kalevera
02-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Robin, that would destroy the beauty of all of Mike's hard work and dedication :)

I really hope someone buys that car, WHOLE, who will appreciate it for what it is.

best, whit

mholbrook
02-21-2005, 05:14 PM
This car is going to be sold as a "whole car" or it goes to Idaho with me. Problem is too many cars and needing a 4x4 capable of pulling 4-5000 pound trailer. On the other hand, lots of curvy roads up there....of course I have enjoyed the back country here in San Diego somewhat too!

Mike

632 Regal
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
needing a 4x4 capable of pulling 4-5000 pound trailer
:D

mholbrook
02-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Yup, my friends call me "Big Potatoe" or "Spud" for short!

Mike

BradHouser
03-02-2005, 04:12 PM
This car is going to be sold as a "whole car" or it goes to Idaho with me. Problem is too many cars and needing a 4x4 capable of pulling 4-5000 pound trailer. On the other hand, lots of curvy roads up there....of course I have enjoyed the back country here in San Diego somewhat too!

Mike

As the soon to be new owner of the above vehicle (yes I jumped the gun on my profile ;) ), I certainly am glad to have all the mods.

I pick it up Friday :D and I am reading up on everything I can find that is E34.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

PS: I have an X5 that is not for sale, but it will tow 5000 lbs.

Brad Houser

Robin-535im
03-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Good on ya mate!

Do you live in the area or are you flying out and driving back?

BradHouser
03-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Good on ya mate!

Do you live in the area or are you flying out and driving back?

I live in Silicon Valley so I will be flying in to San Diego (short hop) and driving back up the coast (over 500 twisty miles). I will spend the night in LA and do some serious motoring through the curves on Saturday. If the weather is bad, the coastal route may not be worth it. Let's hope for good weather.

Watch this space, I hope to get some good pictures.

Brad

billy in slo
03-04-2005, 02:06 PM
(aka San Luis) a nice side trip is to take the Los Osos Valley Rd. exit and head west about 15 mi. through an agricultural area till you take a right on Turri Rd. It's a short 2 lane twisty a take quite often on my way home from work. Look out for bicycles, at the stop sign take a right and end up in Morro Bay where you can continue up the coast on One or head over Hwy. 41 or 46 back to the 101. Call me if you need anything.
billy isbell 234-7712

I live in Silicon Valley so I will be flying in to San Diego (short hop) and driving back up the coast (over 500 twisty miles). I will spend the night in LA and do some serious motoring through the curves on Saturday. If the weather is bad, the coastal route may not be worth it. Let's hope for good weather.

Brad

BradHouser
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM

Brad

Had a very nice trip up the coast on Saturday. The weather was very cooperative, but there were a few puddles in places so the car has a few dirt bombs behind the wheels.

Here is one from the road.

http://www.geocities.com/bradhouser/535i-1.jpg

Brad

billy in slo
03-08-2005, 12:58 PM
looks great, love the wheels too. Looks like you took the coast route, good choice. I'd say that is Limekiln creek bridge in the background. Cheers.

Had a very nice trip up the coast on Saturday. The weather was very cooperative, but there were a few puddles in places so the car has a few dirt bombs behind the wheels.

Here is one from the road.

http://www.geocities.com/bradhouser/535i-1.jpg

Brad

BradHouser
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
looks great, love the wheels too. Looks like you took the coast route, good choice. I'd say that is Limekiln creek bridge in the background. Cheers.

Exactly, my GPS says it was at 36.06153 N, 121.5914 W, just south of Lucia.

Brad

Bob in San Jose
03-10-2005, 03:27 AM
Brad, welcome to the e34 Bay Area group.
Here's a local site you might want to check out.
http://www.norcalbmw.com/
It covers all BMW models.

Bob