PDA

View Full Version : need info stat please!

spoolinturbo
02-19-2005, 08:57 PM
i noticed recently my SRS light came on, so i checked the sensors and on the right side the orange connector is cracked and is showing three wires which from what i understand may be to powers and a ground? best way to make this safe until I can get a new connector? I am not a fan of electical tape but if its what I got to do. So i figure just disconnect battery, cover and reconnect battery? I dont think this is the reason the light is on however. The bumper is recessed a little from the previous owner hitting something. I am going to later remove the bumper to correct the issue. Just dont want the airbag to "decide" to blow while im at a light or something crazy...
jeff

Kalevera
02-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Jeff those connectors crack all the time. Both of mine are bad, and I doubt replacing the harness will solve the problem.

Best bet is to have the SRS fault codes read and go from there. Pulling the airbag from the steering wheel (to get at the dash module/clean the wheel/etc) with the battery connected causes the system to fault out, subsequently requiring a reset.

best, whit

spoolinturbo
02-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Jeff those connectors crack all the time. Both of mine are bad, and I doubt replacing the harness will solve the problem.

Best bet is to have the SRS fault codes read and go from there. Pulling the airbag from the steering wheel (to get at the dash module/clean the wheel/etc) with the battery connected causes the system to fault out, subsequently requiring a reset.

best, whit
well on audi's i've seen those connectors be linked by a form of conductor and *poof*