PDA

View Full Version : Koni adjustable rear shocks - need bumpstops?

Mobius
02-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Part 2 of my adventure with installing my new shocks...

Seeing as how the instructions are so worthless they might as well not have included them - I turn to you guys again for help..

Do the rear shocks need bump stops? Any sort of dust cover?

After knocking off a ton of caked on dirt up near the top mount, I'm a little concerned about longevity with no sort of dust boot on here...

Edit: Apparently with research it seems I also need stops on the front shocks - I swore I read that I didn't.. Where can I find out/who can I call?

Kalevera
02-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Mobius - don't know if the same info applies to the Koni's, but my sachs kit came with a cut front bump stop (about ~ 1/2 what the OEM one should be, I think) and on the rears, I used the OEM full sized bump stop and dust cover. No problems to report on that configuration as of yet, thankfully :)

I would definitely use a dust boot of some sort, esp if your old ones were "caked with dirt".

Best, whit

Mobius
02-20-2005, 01:28 AM
I would definitely use a dust boot of some sort, esp if your old ones were "caked with dirt".Well, not so much the shocks as the area around the mount - but still.

Yeah, since I had the whole back end apart, I just popped the old (still in decent shape) boots and stops on there. I figure it'll be easier to cut them off later if I find out I don't need them.

The front though.. I'm not sure about the front..

Thanks!