PDA

View Full Version : OT: UK board readers...

warton
02-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I have in my possession 20 quid worth of vouchers for Blackwell's Books. I can't tell if they are tied to a specific Blackwell's, but they were issued by the Oxford store. They were given to my son and I whilst on a very hectic UK visit, and we never managed to get to the book store to redeem them. Sadly, I won't be going back to Merry Old any time soon, so I would like to pass these on to someone who can use them. Any takers? Drop me a private message if you're interested. I'm not asking anything for them, just your postal address.

Regards,
Peter

warton
02-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Bump...

I have in my possession 20 quid worth of vouchers for Blackwell's Books. I can't tell if they are tied to a specific Blackwell's, but they were issued by the Oxford store. They were given to my son and I whilst on a very hectic UK visit, and we never managed to get to the book store to redeem them. Sadly, I won't be going back to Merry Old any time soon, so I would like to pass these on to someone who can use them. Any takers? Drop me a private message if you're interested. I'm not asking anything for them, just your postal address.

Regards,
Peter

bimmerd00d
02-22-2005, 04:32 PM
What are Blackwell's books?

Brian C.
02-22-2005, 07:39 PM
....don't call them surely! :D :D :D

Brian C.
sorry......couldn't resist!
:p

shogun
02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
My son lives in London.
If nobody wants them, let me know. Just the right day. Today is his birthday.

525SEI BRIT
02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Can you not redeem the voucher online? They do ship to the states.
If not id be willing to take them off your hands, if thers no other takers. They would probably come in handy for uni or something.
Let me know if you still have them and what you want 4 postage.

Cheers Steve.

warton
02-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Steve and Shogun - how about you guys split them? I'll send 10q to each of you. I already have Brit's address, Shogun if you can send me your son's address I'll get them in the mail this week... does 10 pounds buy you a book in the UK these days? ;-)

Cheers,
Peter

Regards,
Peter

shogun
02-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Thank you, thank you, he will be happy.
Will send you his address within today. Have to check in my notebook at home.
Even if the 10 pounds might not be enough to buy a book (actually I have no idea), it will surely help him to buy one. He is presently starting a new business as free lance photographer -for what did I pay university that he graduated as psychologist ? ;-)
-and he is reading a lot of books about this now.
Thanks again, also on behalf of my son Ryu
(Ryu means translated Dragon, as he was born in the year of the dragon)

525SEI BRIT
02-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Sounds more than fair to me. Let us know if we can ever help you with anything in the future!

Psychologist too photographer! That’s different! Wish him good luck in his new venture. Is their a website yet? Maybe worth a post, I’m always interested in things like that.

Best regards,
Steve.