PDA

View Full Version : E34 Muffler?

ckeinath
02-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Forgive me if this has been already addressed... Any advice on a replacement muffler? I'm consisdering the Eisenmann or the B&B TriFlow (from BavAuto). Or should I stick with OEM? (for my 91 535i).

THANKS!
chris

Kalevera
02-18-2005, 11:44 PM
General consensus, I think, is to stick with OEM. Albeit expen$$$$ive, it is quite good with the flow. Do a search on the forum.

best, whit

shogun
02-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Well, it all depends what you want. The Eisenmann has a louder sound, and I have once asked on another board about the bavauto thingy. Actually it apparently also produces a louder sound, but maybe not the promised more HP.
I personally prefer not to have a loud exhaust, just the original one. Better fits to a limo.

Alan_525i
02-19-2005, 12:50 AM
B&B is about as loud as you can get. Eisenmann is decently loud (they do come in two types though, Sport and Race).

willobmw
02-19-2005, 08:45 AM
I just got a deal for a "old" sport performance tone Eisenmann rear muffler with 70mm tips from Bekkers. Last one they had. I've been contemplating a move for awhile. Remus (loud) ,B&B (too loud), Supersprint not real loud but required cutting for the 76mm chrome tips to fit. Same for the 83mm Eisenmann tips.
Eisenmann used to have three levels of performance and tones: sport, high performance and race. Now the high performance is the sport. The race is the same and the old sport has been dropped.
I will be installing a new OEM (Eberspaecher) center section. To the joy of my wallet the Cat is still OK for now. I'm hoping this combination will not be too loud (the neighbors already hate me when I fire up the 2002) but just enough presence to let that guy or gal in the next lane to think do I really want to go messing with that ole 535i. :p
I will give my impressions when everything is installed in about a week.
Willo
1990 535i
1981 528i Custom exhaust with Borla muffler and Magnaflow Cat(real mellow)
1975 2002 Stainless steel ansa muffler w/4"dia tip(real loud)

spoolinturbo
02-19-2005, 08:49 AM
B&B is this the name of the company? so I can search B&B mufflers? seems like a common name...
jeff

willobmw
02-19-2005, 09:00 AM
B&B Tri-Flo. Billy Boat, the old IRL race car driver's company.
Willo

Mobius
02-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Though the stock exhaust is quite good, if you're upgrading for a better note; you will never beat Eisenmann.

My friend has an Eisenmann 'race' on his 325is, and holy **** does it sound like hot sex. I wouldn't hesitate at all to say the thing sounds Ferrari-ish.

There is no other option, in my opinion. I've never heard a better sounding exhaust on any car, ever.