PDA

View Full Version : Centre vent heat questions

Black 535i
02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
The center vent in my 1992 535I has stopped giving any warm air recently. I realize that there is a steppermotor mount on the heater housing. How difficult is it to get to through the radio and vent area without removing the dash or console areas? There could be a broken mount in there as I found alittle plastic tab last week on the shifter console and just figured out what it was.
I know that the center vent does not give off really hot air but I have nothing other than cool air. Are there any other heater controls that I could be overlooking?

shogun
02-17-2005, 08:43 PM
My search thru the above nice machine for "stepper motors" gave me this detailed info
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9552&highlight=stepper+motors

Black 535i
02-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the help.

My search thru the above nice machine for "stepper motors" gave me this detailed info
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9552&highlight=stepper+motors

JonE
02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Are all 4 center vents cool, meaning not only the ones in the middle of the car but the two out by the windows as well? I assume you've played with the center control wheel between the central vents. Mine seems to work backwards, as I turn the wheel to blue the vents mix more warm air in, as I turn toward red then cooler. Don't know whether this is how it is supposed to work?

John B.
02-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Mine works as you would think it should. Roll the wheel up to red & you get hot, roll it down to blue & you get cool. Set correctly my center dash vents blow out hot air just like the others.

Black 535i
02-18-2005, 06:54 PM
I will put off this repair another week as it is cold here for outdoor repairs in Chicago and tomorrow I am going to the auto show.

Mine works as you would think it should. Roll the wheel up to red & you get hot, roll it down to blue & you get cool. Set correctly my center dash vents blow out hot air just like the others.