PDA

View Full Version : Installed my E.A.T. chip

freeparking
02-16-2005, 10:14 PM
I installed my E.A.T. chip yesterday. I dont like to, but I admit, I must have looked like a schmuck horsing around with that DME, trying to get the top board
out of the pin slot. But I did not quit. I got the chip in without breaking anything. YaY! Im not sure how long it takes the chip to reprogram itself with the rest of the car, but after two minutes I couldnt wait any longer. The first impression was the exaust sounded a lot different. It sounded like it was ready.
Then I hit the gas up the hill and I got what I was looking for, more lower end power. What used to seem like forever getting up to 40 mph, now gets right
up and stands at attention. What I didnt expect was the throttle responce. The
throttle is way responsive now. Im not sure about the gas mileage yet but Mark said it should improve a little. I did a nice burnout from a stop on wet pavement.
(I've always wanted to do that!). It seems to get up to 110 a little quicker too.
I dont advocate driving that fast unless you have to. And I just had to try it once.
Anyhow, if mark is out there reading this, just wanted to say THANKS, for a job well done. Its a tremendous upgrade for the price.