PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start after engine cleaning

Dan-ny-m398
02-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Ok I was washing the engine bay on my 89 535i and after I was done the car was runing fine with no problems, just as I was finishing up, I noticed some grease underneath the alternator by the engine mount anyways I sprayed some more water on that area and the car stalled and I haven't been able to get it started again, the engine cranks but It will not start, also after cranking the engine for a while there's some smoke caming from the air intake (I have a CAI) I also get the Oil Press Sensor code on the dash, any help would be highly appreciated.

632 Regal
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
check and blow the water out/off the spark plug/boot areas, let it dry and then try to start it.

bahnstormer
02-16-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah just let 'er dry out

TheDuke
02-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Had same problem with my old Subaru, after my brother washed it. Let it dry and check the spark plugs, if they don't look right change them.

Dan-ny-m398
02-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Well I finally got the car started, it was runing kind of rough so I asumed that if I leave it running for a while, it would dry anything that was wet, well that's when I notice the battery light on, I just kept the car runing until the the battery was soooo low that the the instrument cluster wasn't working anymore, that's when the hose that goes from the radiator to the engine just exploded (thanks god I was inside the car) anyways , any ideas?

632 Regal
02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
doesnt sound like good news at all! Umm....did it have oil pressure when it was running?

Charge the battery up, a low battery will make the car run like crud. A wet alternater may have caused this, or shorted out.

Now the exploding hose trick... something entirely different, lots of variables here...head gasket? Air in the system?

Dan-ny-m398
02-18-2005, 09:58 PM
It was the alternator and water pump belt, that caused the the car to overheat, The good news is that my headgasket seems to be fine ( as good as it used to be) all I had to do was replace a hose and the belts, well the car it's running really good since I also found a air leak from the fuel pressure regulator.