PDA

View Full Version : Ed, the Board's speed seems to be back to normal for me now...

Phil Sanderson
02-15-2005, 04:10 PM

Bimmer Nut Ed
02-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, my local tests to the ISP are still real slow. I'm still waiting to hear from them. Thanks for the info.

And Jeff, from the other thread, thanks for the update about no problems elsewhere on the net. It's my ISP then. I'll have to kick there ass!

But this does not really expalin the super high CPU and outbound traffic I saw the last three days at this time.

632 Regal
02-15-2005, 06:17 PM
thats where we need a net master...i dont think we have any here. Your ISP could be under attacks and thats what slows you down but your maxing out is something else.

Bimmer Nut Ed
02-15-2005, 06:30 PM
The ISP had me power the Radio up and down (I use a line of sight, wireless 10mbps, web connection), and he increased some "threashold" that he did not explain. I'll wait till I see the updated trouble ticket and see if there's any more info. I think it was a connection issue, or sync issue of a sort. Hopefully it's only a once a year or less occurance. But the high CPU issue still lingers, we'll see how tomorrow goes. In the mean time, I'm installing sniffer software (thanks d00d).

SharkmanBMW
02-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Ed,
it is faster today for me as well!
it was getting real bad awhile back... much better now!

winfred
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
it usually seems ok here at the house in the evening, i generally don't get the chance to surf during the day, besides the virus/adware magnet computer at work is fugging slow anyway but i've been working on it ridding it of evil demons so i can atleast have a few minutes of piece, when i get there in the morning and am stuck answering the phones