PDA

View Full Version : Scratched paint work

old bob
02-15-2005, 02:46 AM
I'm a first timer. Just imported a525i from Japan The paint has what looks like brush marks over it looks to me that it has spent its life in a car wash. Can any one tell me what I can use to cover these imperfections? I noticed that when i spilt some vynil cleaner on it the scratches disappeared.

grave77
02-15-2005, 06:21 AM
just get ur self a soft wax box and give it wax. I own one from japan most of them suffer this problem due to sun and humidity. a waxing job will make it almost dissappear.
one other advice is to change all rubber parts ( transmission supports, engine supports, bushings, maybe u need to change brake disks ) I noticed that most of car from jappan need those changes.
good luck with ur new car ... Dubai is the No.1 importer for jappanese cars. :)

Russell
02-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Get a full detail job on the paint. Have them do athorough buffing/polishing to remove the scratches and swirl marks and seal the paint with carnuaba wax or synthetic wax. I fyou want to do the work yourself, check on Roadfly's detailing forum. Lot of great advice.

I'm a first timer. Just imported a525i from Japan The paint has what looks like brush marks over it looks to me that it has spent its life in a car wash. Can any one tell me what I can use to cover these imperfections? I noticed that when i spilt some vynil cleaner on it the scratches disappeared.

old bob
02-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Get a full detail job on the paint. Have them do athorough buffing/polishing to remove the scratches and swirl marks and seal the paint with carnuaba wax or synthetic wax. I fyou want to do the work yourself, check on Roadfly's detailing forum. Lot of great advice.

Thanks for that info will be a busy old man this weekend