PDA

View Full Version : AFM Upgrade, help please

Jose
02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently prepping the M30 engine for a turbo upgrade but something is really bothering me and that is the huge afm that will be blocking the turbo from freely sucking all the air it can. I've already got the biggest K$N cone filter I could find (20x8 inches) but this won't be of much use if i can't replace the "old 'afm with the newer type of eg the M50 euro version. Anyone out there tackled this job before ?

Thanks

grave77
02-16-2005, 12:23 AM
well I know a guy here who made a turbo setup and retained his OEM AFM u just need to modify the tension of the AFM to adapt to the increasing air pressure. I once put a thread about converting the AFM to heated wire MAF but every body said that when u need to convert to turbo setup u will need the AFM back. try asking about someone installed a turbo and how he did so. by the way ... Google for AFM to MAF .. u will get a page about this. good luck with ur setup

Craig
02-16-2005, 01:17 AM
I kept the stock one, I had to tighten the spring up by about 25-28 clicks or so. Search on here for AFM Spring and it should return a page someone made about how to do that.

Anyhow, it is restrictive but I'd leave it until you get the car running. It's still going to make a ton of power. :)