PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad day for BMW in my house...

TheGeak
02-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Some of you may remember my battle with the E34 M5 to bring her back to life. While the battle raged on, the funds were diminished, and other areas of my life moved forward. The girlfriend and I decided that we are going to be buying a house in the not too distant future, and as many of you may know, houses require money. After much debating back and forth and weighing all of my options, I decided that I am going to have to abandon my project M5. The only decision left is if I should try to sell her whole or in pieces. She wasn't in the best of shape all around, but she still has a lot of life left in her in certain areas (the interior for example was in good shape). Whole I am going to ask $8,000 O.B.O....parting her out, well thats another story. Send me request for what you want, i'll snap a picture of it, you make me an offer. I type this out with a very heavy heart and a sense of defeat (How i'll miss my project ///Monster!) However this is far from the end of my dabbles with Bavaria's best. The future is bright, and its mine for the taking, and I know for SURE that i'll be back in BMW business in no time.

You can reach me either via PM, AIM (screenname TheGeak), or Email (TheGeakM5 AT yahoo DOT com)

Somberly Yours,
TheGeak aka Jason

Wyn
02-14-2005, 01:18 PM
I have to say, dismantling that thing was pretty fun, those Nazi engineers are masters at what they do ;) . I still want the tray that goes around the shifter, and I have first dibs.

TheGeak
02-14-2005, 03:06 PM
I've started taking a few pictures, if you have requests for pics of anything let me know, i've got the day off and nothing to do.

ejhiggins
02-14-2005, 05:28 PM
post a picture of the front seats i'm looking for a pair of recaros for my 540

Wyn
02-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Is the rear valence cracked, or only your bumper? If it's still in decent condition, i'll take it off your hands.

TheGeak
02-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Sorry guys, seats are sold. As is the 'shifter tray'. Both bumpers are gone, however the sideskirts are still available (they have a scratch on the driver side, but nothing too major, Email me for pics on that). Start making offers!

Jon K
02-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Sorry guys, seats are sold. As is the 'shifter tray'. Both bumpers are gone, however the sideskirts are still available (they have a scratch on the driver side, but nothing too major, Email me for pics on that). Start making offers!

Jason, may I take dibs on the t-stars!?

You know I'm broke but i'll give you what I got, given the condition! I will call you!

Also jason, i'd be interested in the rear exhaust section, the muffler essentially. I have a welder now. I will be ringing you!

haggis100
02-16-2005, 11:15 PM
What year? wheels? oxygen sensors/ exhaust components

95-540iLE
02-16-2005, 11:18 PM
I know someone has already laid claim to the wheels, but if the ///M is fitted with 9" rears, I would be very interested in paying good money for the set.

Let me know if they are available.

Cheers

Jon K
02-16-2005, 11:38 PM
I know someone has already laid claim to the wheels, but if the ///M is fitted with 9" rears, I would be very interested in paying good money for the set.

Let me know if they are available.

Cheers

I already bought the exhaust, tenatively the wheels and rear valence.

TheGeak
02-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Its a '91 with about 95k Miles: Here is what is GONE:
both bumpers,
shifter tray,
ECU,
exhaust,
front seats
door sills
rear spoiler
license plate filler

There is INTEREST in:
Cyl. Head
Differential
Sway Bars
Springs
Wheels
Sideskirts
Powertrain.

Lots of goodies still for sale. Complete dashboard, door panels, headlights (Ellipsoid, non-euro), hood, trunk lid, tail lights...

Jason
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
and a tow hook cover if you got one. How much do you want for the lights? and inst cluster? Thanks

TheGeak
02-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Tails aren't clear. License Plate Filler is gone. I BELIEVE i have a Tow Hook Cover still in the factory bag, unpainted, with all the clips and gizmos. I'll check that out tonight. Make an offer on it, no reasonable offer refused! But please be FAIR with your offers, remember i'm just a kid parting out his Baby to buy a house ;) EM TheGeakM5 AT yahoo DOT com.

Elekta
02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I have all Euro KPH and Celsius instruments in my touring. As I have 88k miles, it wouldn't be too long a wait to drop in your instrument panel/ guages and match the mileage with your coding plug.

How much for your US OBC, and US intruments (Speedo/tach), and your temp wheel slider pieces?

What is the condition of your M5 side skirts?