PDA

View Full Version : new member, turbo 88 520i

crunchy
02-14-2005, 05:36 AM
hi everyone ive just joined and thought i would fill you in on my project.im doing a custom setup on the 2ltr to be different. just finished porting the head and opening up the chambers. changed the head bolts for nissan L series bolts which pull down to 65ft/lb. im doing a custom exhaust manifold and one of my own turbos( i do this for a business). afm is gone and keept the stock ecu which is now run with a map-ecu to run the 510cc injectors.
im doing a water to air cooler and will start with 1 bar and run up to 1.5bar with all going well. ive keep the stock auto to see how long itll ive. oil return for the turbo is one of the biggest probs but if all else fails ill make a scavanage pump.
and if your asking how long it will live, who knows but the whole car owes me 1k and another engine 300. if it lives ill do a good engine and internals

bahnstormer
02-14-2005, 10:43 AM
welcome to the board!
where are u getting the 2.0 from?

Incantation
02-14-2005, 09:05 PM
right on.. can't wait to see how it turns out.

welcome to the board :)

JAlfredPrufrock
02-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Pics when you start would be cool. :)

crunchy
02-15-2005, 05:22 AM
many thanks for the warm welcome, im down here in new zealand. the 2lr car was an import from singapore at some stage. i do alot of extreme setups from street to race, sorry to say i was going to buy a merc till i drove a 230e. after that a brought a beemer.lololol!!! ill take pics of the setup as i go as theres nothing out there for a riight hand drive car, itll either go or blow.

grave77
02-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Welcom here... well u just reminded me about something guys do around here is .. fitting Nissan stuff into BMW, and some Toyota parts too, My friend used the Toyota Supra Turbo on his 535i.
I dream about using a modified 24V head on the e30 535i engine that will turn the 535i into something very close to M5.
Anyway good luck with ur setup can't wait to see the pictures! I had one question, why didnt u chose the 2.5 or 2.8 engine to do ur setup?

crunchy
02-16-2005, 03:19 AM
it came with the car and i thought i would see how far i could go with it.whyy bee the same plus they are cheap, and at 1k for the whole thing you cant go too far wrong, ill post pics as i go

grave77
02-16-2005, 10:18 AM
good luck mate ... waiting patiently :)

Jon K
02-16-2005, 11:22 AM
many thanks for the warm welcome, im down here in new zealand. the 2lr car was an import from singapore at some stage. i do alot of extreme setups from street to race, sorry to say i was going to buy a merc till i drove a 230e. after that a brought a beemer.lololol!!! ill take pics of the setup as i go as theres nothing out there for a riight hand drive car, itll either go or blow.

New Zealand huh? I am planning a trip there with the gf and friends, would be sweet if you could recommend a location for good photography and such! I am also in the process of supercharging my M50 2.5Litre.

Dick Schneiders
02-16-2005, 01:20 PM
before we were married. This was over 30 years ago, and she loved the country and the people. It was her last fling before settling down. She always wanted to go there and when we decided to get married, she first had to do this. She dropped out of college and went. She spent a good deal of her time in Dunedin, as she had a friend there. However, she also bought a Vespa scooter and travelled all around the country. She did have to put up with a lot of tough questions about Viet Nam, and since I served there in the late 1960's, it made it even more difficult for her to know how to respond.

She still talks about it and would like to take me there, even now in our "old age", to show me the sights.

Dick Schneiders

New Zealand huh? I am planning a trip there with the gf and friends, would be sweet if you could recommend a location for good photography and such! I am also in the process of supercharging my M50 2.5Litre.

crunchy
02-17-2005, 04:43 AM
i think i can help you there, what sort of places are you after to takes pics of or is it just in general? and hi dick, i lived in dunediun for 8 years and now in auckland. its a dam good country with alot to offer and youll be surprised how far up we are on the rest of the world. i custom build turbos and send them around the world which is good for a small place, but interesting since theres alot of other turbo shops around the world. and your never too old to travel,its all about what you feel on the inside. plus we had some not too bad race driivers from down here, like scot dickson, bruce mclaren, denny hulme, chris amon, john britan, and were not too bad at sailing,not bad for only 4 million people and 80million sheep

Dick Schneiders
02-17-2005, 08:05 AM
She brought back a couple of sheepskin rugs. :-)

i think i can help you there, what sort of places are you after to takes pics of or is it just in general? and hi dick, i lived in dunediun for 8 years and now in auckland. its a dam good country with alot to offer and youll be surprised how far up we are on the rest of the world. i custom build turbos and send them around the world which is good for a small place, but interesting since theres alot of other turbo shops around the world. and your never too old to travel,its all about what you feel on the inside. plus we had some not too bad race driivers from down here, like scot dickson, bruce mclaren, denny hulme, chris amon, john britan, and were not too bad at sailing,not bad for only 4 million people and 80million sheep