PDA

View Full Version : I love this place...

Beez540
02-14-2005, 04:34 AM
I just want to say how great this place has been for a complete bimmer noobie.

I've had zero experience with BMW automobiles until this 540i I just bought. It just turned to 227k miles on the frame/body. (alusil replacement) I've already put about 1500 miles on it and I've been working on lot o' things.

Thermo housing replaced (hoses too), flushed & filled with BMW coolant (ditched the prestone that was in there when I bought it).
Got the Mobil 1 0w40 going (so smooth)
Fixed the front left window by way of cleaning the switches... rear left is next with replacing regulator pivot bushings.
Had the completely wasted thrust arm bushings replaced with fresh, new, 7 series bushings.
Working on bringing the paint back to life (need some better weather).
Ditto with the leather... cleaning and conditioning (it's going to need a few sessions).
And... replacing lots of little things: Gauge cluster light bulbs (great write ups), bumper trim pieces, looking for replacement fogs and a headlight upgrade, etc.
Found a deal on some Racing Dynamics 17's.
Ordered the E.A.T. chip last week.

All this since I picked up this machine on January 31st. I LOVE THIS CAR. Despite it's age, it is invigorating to drive (and sooooo comfortable).

I just wanted to thank everyone who has been so helpful so far... and to rant about how great these E34's are! (all my friends, and especially my girlfriend are all sick of hearing about this stuff).

Here's the project:
http://img239.exs.cx/img239/9468/5400em.jpg
...nevermind the stool, I was working on the roof...lol

Thanks again,

Brandon in So. Oregon

p.s. I'm on the lookout for some fresh replacement fogs and headlights!

Javier
02-14-2005, 06:39 AM
sit down and admire it. :) Nice car, no doubt.

Javier

Robin-535im
02-14-2005, 10:32 AM
staring lovingly at the car would be perfect. As all our friends and families say, "So you DO love that car more than me!"

OMG It's Valentine's day and I didn't get my car ANYTHING! :)

Whenever I go to the trash can on the side of the house to toss something out, I peek over the wall at the E34 and let out a silent little sigh. Only a car nut can understand a car nut.

Javier

632 Regal
02-14-2005, 11:34 AM
theres elipsoid fogs on Ebay for about 100 buz every now and then, brand new. I got a set and they are great!

Beez540
02-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah... I've got my eyes peeled. It seems like I'm spending half my day on ebay looking for E34 stuff... how can I be this addicted already!

Well...ahem... off to the money sucking devil (ebay).

Beez540
02-14-2005, 06:31 PM

Javier

yup... did that too. :D

bimmerd00d
02-14-2005, 08:43 PM
If you have US non-ellipsoid fogs that aren't cracked or fogged too bad, I will trade a brand new set of the ellipsoid fog lights that 632 Regal is talking about, I ordered the wrong type to work with my HID's!

Beez540
02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
I would definitely do that if I could, but my right side fog is cracked. Like I said though...I could send you what I have and some money!

Incantation
02-15-2005, 02:34 AM
that car is identical to the way mine looked before i started modding.. and here's where i am so far:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/incantation

Beez540
02-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Nice ride!

As soon as I get my new rims, get some of the trim fixed up, buff out the oxidized paint, and have it tinted... I'll post some fresh pics.

Incantation
02-15-2005, 06:13 PM
nice man.. look forward to seeing it