PDA

View Full Version : Total closure alarm question.

Andie520i
02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I have a 1995 520i SE Automatic. The alarm arms but does not close the windows or sunroof. Does anyone know if this is a total closure alarm fitted to this model. The key fob has 2 buttons (a red one and a grey one) and the LED is mounted in the grill on the top off the dash. I have looked at the unit under the back seat and cant see any switches or anything on it. Can anyone help me.

GaryE
02-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Andie520,

My 1992 520i SE has a total closure system installed, so I presume your 1995 bmw should definatly have something similar installed.

With my old fob (2 big buttons and one deadlock button on side) it would only close the windows and sunroof when I stood there holding the button down until all of them closed.

Same when locking with the key. Hold the key in the locking position until all windows and sunroof are closed.

This can be upgraded by purchasing an after market alarm. I use a clifford concept 300 alarm which does everything I could want and some more. No more waiting for my windows to sort themselves out - 2 chirps and im walking away.

Take a look here if your interested in upgrading your alarm: http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/Upgrade/KeylessEntry.htm

Gary