PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mark D!

Jon K
02-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Just got my bday gift of $200 from my uncle, I am 20 yay! So anyway I want to get an EAT chip. Thing is... in a couple months the supercharger will be going on. Could I send the chip back for a reprogram or something? Or would it be fine to run the chip while i have 6.5psi going through the motor? I think I am only doing 6.5 psi, 24lb injectors, and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. right now i have an intake. Is this safe?

Phil Sanderson
02-13-2005, 03:30 PM

bahnstormer
02-13-2005, 05:34 PM
good question jon
i too have a eat, and
if i should in the future get say
headers or an exhaust is there
any tuning that can be done to the
chip to maximize gains?

MarkD
02-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Just got my bday gift of $200 from my uncle, I am 20 yay! So anyway I want to get an EAT chip. Thing is... in a couple months the supercharger will be going on. Could I send the chip back for a reprogram or something? Or would it be fine to run the chip while i have 6.5psi going through the motor? I think I am only doing 6.5 psi, 24lb injectors, and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. right now i have an intake. Is this safe?

Happy Birthday!

The chip is not reprogammable. You can not use that chip with forced induction. You need an entirely different chip and it would have to be tuned on a dyno. What motor do you have?

MarkD

Jon K
02-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Happy Birthday!

The chip is not reprogammable. You can not use that chip with forced induction. You need an entirely different chip and it would have to be tuned on a dyno. What motor do you have?

MarkD

M50 Non-vanos