PDA

View Full Version : Under Rear Seat - '92 525im

BlackOnBlack
02-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I've had my 525im (my first BMW) for about a month and I finally pulled out the rear seat to check what's there. It appears that the car is set up with remote entry but I didn't get a controller when I bought it. Does anyone know if I'm able to get a controller and sync it to the unit?

Also, on the battery side, there is a coaxial cable coming in from the rear and is not connected to anything. It has a tag on it that says "TRANSMITTER". Could it have anything to do with a mobile phone installation?

Photo Attached (I think!!)

Mike H
02-14-2005, 09:11 AM
You have the pic labeled correctly. If you do a search of the forums you will find some more pictures on this. You can just grab a remote off of ebay and reprogram the chip in it to work with your transmitter.

I've had my 525im (my first BMW) for about a month and I finally pulled out the rear seat to check what's there. It appears that the car is set up with remote entry but I didn't get a controller when I bought it. Does anyone know if I'm able to get a controller and sync it to the unit?

Also, on the battery side, there is a coaxial cable coming in from the rear and is not connected to anything. It has a tag on it that says "TRANSMITTER". Could it have anything to do with a mobile phone installation?

Photo Attached (I think!!)