PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Error @ high speeds?!

grave77
02-12-2005, 12:53 AM
Hi Guys ... 1 week ago I was driving fast to get to my duty, I was around 230Km/h something like 143M/h and suddenly I got this error flash on my dashboard Transmission error. I know this error when the gear box has a problem, but I never got this error while driving!! plz advice !!

shogun
02-12-2005, 02:47 AM
Can be many reasons. The speed sensor on the differential might be dirty and does not give a clear signal, or the wires there are slightly corroded.
The ABS might have a problem/dirty and gives wrong signals.
Do you see the gear indicated in the dashboard? If not, the gear selector switch might be dirty and does not give clear signals to the system.
It must not absolutely be a problem of the gearbox.
Easiest is to drive to the dealer and connect it to the DIS diagnosis system to get details.

grave77
02-12-2005, 02:57 AM
well ... I'm confused since I changed my radiator and some of the gear oil was spilt out ( my gear box oil is cooled ) also there was heavy rain and there was many water splashed up to the engine compartment. this problem only happens at speeds above 130M/h that might put the speed sensor problem away. the gear indicator at the dashboard is working find ... it was D when it showed the error and it happend 2 times in 1 week. would the lack of oil give an error indication?

jplacson
02-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Well, dunno if this is any help at all.... but my sis' Opel displays a tranny error when she's low on water in her radiator... or low on tranny fluid.