PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Seal Replacement

DaCan23
02-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Anyone ever replaced the seal around the trunk. I have a leak, luckily it collects in the compartment on the pass side. Source & cost for new trunk seal? BMA of course, saw one on Ebay. Difficulty & things to consider in doing it right?

Thanks

granit_silber
02-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Anyone ever replaced the seal around the trunk. I have a leak, luckily it collects in the compartment on the pass side. Source & cost for new trunk seal? BMA of course, saw one on Ebay. Difficulty & things to consider in doing it right?

Thanks

What compartment on the pass-side? The rear seat interior footwell or the carpeted sunken part of the trunk or the pass-side carpeted side wall thing (wear the jack is)?

I only ask because I had wet carpet on the pass-side of the trunk, but it was my rear drain tube for the sunroof.

-ashley

DaCan23
02-14-2005, 11:44 AM
The little plastic cubby compartment on the pass side at rear of trunk, its' like a half a shoe box plastic nook.

632 Regal
02-14-2005, 02:50 PM
thats the little box that took me 8 months to get....was like 8 bux at BMA :|

525SEI BRIT
02-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Dose anybody have a picture of this little box thingy? I feel left out!

That’s got to be one of very few complaints about the car, lack of storage space! But it is an 88 and I know they only got better!

Cant imagine its going to be difficult, im always removing mine to clean all the crevasses. Might want to treat any spots of rust while its off, and wont harm to slap some Vaseline/ Waxoil on the lip.

New seals will probable need a bit of a stretch so theirs no gaps.

DaCan23
02-18-2005, 02:27 PM
will take pic this weekend and post

callen
02-18-2005, 03:24 PM
both my 91 and 94 have this little compartment.