PDA

View Full Version : question on new door fitment

kick7ca
02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm looking to replace my rusty driver's side doors. My question is are all the e34 doors exactly the same? Or are there differences between model years?

Anyone parting out good doors please PM me.

Thanks
Joe

shogun
02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
They should be the same. But to feel you more comfortable you can check the part numbers on the online spare parts catalog
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

John B.
02-09-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm looking to replace my rusty driver's side doors. My question is are all the e34 doors exactly the same? Or are there differences between model years?

Thanks
Joe

Be sure to get good detailed pics including the door stop area before you go out of your way to look at a door someone is selling. I wasted several hours last Sunday when I went to pick up an "excellent condition, rust free door" that was advertised on this list recently from a 95 530. The bottom edge was indeed clean but the area where the stop strap mounts looked like it had been attacked with a crow bar & left to rust. The cut out was split & peeled back 1"-2" all the way around. Hard to believe the guy could have missed that.

Mike H
02-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Unless I am mistaken, the doors changed 9/91.

Thanks
Joe