PDA

View Full Version : Electric internal rear-view mirror?

Interceptor
02-09-2005, 09:33 AM
What's up with that? I've seen a few on Ebay, for a few bucks. Is there any chance to install them into an E34? The seller states that it's E32/E34 compatible.

shogun
02-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Can you link such an offer so see the details here?

Kalevera
02-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm in the middle of retrofitting one onto my car. I dug around in the archives and found a board member who did the install, put in a homelink unit. I've got the instructions - people can email me if they want them.

My e34 already has the wiring harness connector built in for the mirror - it exists behind the sunroof access flap. I removed the reading/interior light module, as well, and found the connector and a few inches of wire.

It's pretty straightforward, the only difficulty is finding the correct way to mount a Gentex or similar mirror in the car. Mine is affixed to the windshield, whereas I believe the e39 and e38 mirrors with the fun features simply attached to the headliner.

Best, whit

Interceptor
02-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Can you link such an offer so see the details here?
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=53963&item=7951894508&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Interceptor
02-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm in the middle of retrofitting one onto my car. I dug around in the archives and found a board member who did the install, put in a homelink unit. I've got the instructions - people can email me if they want them.

My e34 already has the wiring harness connector built in for the mirror - it exists behind the sunroof access flap. I removed the reading/interior light module, as well, and found the connector and a few inches of wire.

It's pretty straightforward, the only difficulty is finding the correct way to mount a Gentex or similar mirror in the car. Mine is affixed to the windshield, whereas I believe the e39 and e38 mirrors with the fun features simply attached to the headliner.
This is the E32 mirror which mounts the same way as the E34 one - the question is, how do you remove the old one? :)