PDA

View Full Version : How would you ship rims?

DanDombrowski
02-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I recently got a freebie set of spare rims and tires from my Dad's car of which I took the tires and had them mounted. I have the rims left over and was probably going to put them on ebay or such. Of you who have shipped wheels before, what is the best way to do it so UPS or the post office doesn't have a fit when I come in with 4 car wheels? I don't really care who I ship with, whichever is easier. Thanks.

Patrick
02-08-2005, 06:03 PM
My only experience is having received wheels shipped via UPS. The seller told me he took all 4 wheels (w/ tires mounted) to UPS and they packaged it all up -no problems/issues. Wheels arrived in great shape and the packing job was excellent i.e. no scratches/damage. They were packaged 2/box.
Wheels (without tires) may need a little more packing material to prevent damage during shipping.
If you're willing to pay for it, UPS shouldn't have a problem with it.

Derek A.
02-08-2005, 06:32 PM
What are the wheels ? Anything good ?

MBXB
02-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Cheapest way I've found:
Pack them yourself (2 cardboard circles, and a long strip around the circumference)
Wally World restocks Sunday night; drop by around midnight and you'll have all the cardboard you can load up). Always insure.
Take them to a Fedex Ground station, (where the trucks load up for final delivery)
Cost of shipping jumps when you have someone else do the packing and/or pick up from your location.

DanDombrowski
02-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Do you have a Honda? And if yes, then no, the wheels are still nothing good :)

Regular old 15" steel Honda wheels, although I've been told they'll fit a myriad of 4 bolt cars.

winfred
02-08-2005, 06:51 PM
cardboard box inside of a cardboard box with a few strips of cardboard between per wheel generally gets the job done on aluiminum, steel aint that easy to hurt and don't need that much protection

Springfield1952
02-08-2005, 06:55 PM
I've found the local tire/wheels stores have boxes that their wheels come in and they are glad to get rid of them. Call in advance and they will save a set for you to pick up. I then strapped two boxes together and shipped two wheels at a time.

Good luck.

Curt.

winfred
02-08-2005, 06:56 PM
sure they are even worth the effort?, you can almost get honda wheels at wally world :D

Regular old 15" steel Honda wheels, although I've been told they'll fit a myriad of 4 bolt cars.

DanDombrowski
02-08-2005, 07:00 PM
sure they are even worth the effort?, you can almost get honda wheels at wally world :D

I was just gonna toss em until I checked on ebay and saw them going for around $100 for a set, buyer pays shipping. If I get $20 and make a few off the shipping I'll be happy just to get them out of here.

winfred
02-08-2005, 07:03 PM
sunny bitch, guess that proves if you slap a $ on it someone will pay it

I was just gonna toss em until I checked on ebay and saw them going for around $100 for a set,

bahnstormer
02-08-2005, 07:05 PM
i shipped my 85lb differential for 65 bucks at ups.
anything over 70lbs they charge like nuts for

winfred
02-08-2005, 07:09 PM
that little yellow "heavy package" sticker aint cheep, it's not like those things grow on trees

i shipped my 85lb differential for 65 bucks at ups.
anything over 70lbs they charge like nuts for