PDA

View Full Version : Passenger seat had twist problem, now won't work at all

generalrydo1
02-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi all,

My passenger seat had the seat back twist problem. Before I could research the problem my roommate decided to fully recline the seat to see if that fixed it. Now the seat is stuck fully reclined and makes an unpleasant noise when I try to raise it, but neither side moves. If only I had been able to research the original problem I could've performed the simple cable shortening, but now I'm afraid I have a bigger problem on my hands. Any thoughts as to what's wrong? I'm afraid a recline gear may be stripped, but I wouldn't think they'd both go at the same time.

Javier
02-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Javier.

632 Regal
02-07-2005, 03:09 PM
thats where I would start, its most likley the problem. When he reclined it all the way it may have just made the other cable retract out thus leading to a seat that is opticly unpleasing :D

Rory
02-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi all,

My passenger seat had the seat back twist problem. Before I could research the problem my roommate decided to fully recline the seat to see if that fixed it. Now the seat is stuck fully reclined and makes an unpleasant noise when I try to raise it, but neither side moves. If only I had been able to research the original problem I could've performed the simple cable shortening, but now I'm afraid I have a bigger problem on my hands. Any thoughts as to what's wrong? I'm afraid a recline gear may be stripped, but I wouldn't think they'd both go at the same time.
Hi,

I see two real options, both have potential:

1. Get yourself an oversized athletic jersey and wear your hat sideways when you drive. Simply lean forward and keep one arm on the door frame and you are all set.

2. Check out the following link for a fix: http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_11.htm

Good Luck,
Rory