PDA

View Full Version : Sort OT, i just blew a day and half at the wrought iron

Bill R.
02-07-2005, 11:59 AM
shop getting my seat mounts fabricated and getting the rx300 seats put into my
ford truck , its funny how sensitive your ass is to small changes in height and angle... That took the longest to get the height right and pick a starting point for seat travel and angle.. I have all the power hooked up to them and am thinking about hooking up the seat heaters and the memory but Lexus wants more for these two switches than i paid for the seats complete on ebay :) http://www.bimmernut.com/~billr/images/truckseats1.jpg

Javier
02-07-2005, 12:47 PM

Jeff N.
02-07-2005, 01:01 PM

shop getting my seat mounts fabricated and getting the rx300 seats put into my
ford truck , its funny how sensitive your ass is to small changes in height and angle... That took the longest to get the height right and pick a starting point for seat travel and angle.. I have all the power hooked up to them and am thinking about hooking up the seat heaters and the memory but Lexus wants more for these two switches than i paid for the seats complete on ebay :) http://www.bimmernut.com/~billr/images/truckseats1.jpg

George M
02-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Really is well done. No question...anybody who has played around with retrofitting different seats knows that only a small change makes a big difference in driving position and how you feel about the transplant. Power seats are the only way to fly.
I had my manual driver seat out of my Saturn SC2 30 times...no exaggeration before I got the spacing correct. 1/8-1/4 inch makes a big difference...particularly in bottom seat cushion angle/thigh support.
Another job well done by the maestro!
George

632 Regal
02-07-2005, 01:15 PM
they look like they belong in there, the color match is almost perfect!

JonE
02-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Neat project! You probably don't really need seat heaters there anyway, do you?

bahnstormer
02-07-2005, 05:11 PM
what'd they cost ya?
and did u get my PM?

TC535i
02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
How does that work with airbag connections?

Paul in NZ
02-08-2005, 01:26 AM
its amazing how sensitive our body memory is but that memeory is very short...cyclists will attest to the fact that moving the seat height up 1/4 in sometimes can be too much so you drop it down 1/8 in and it feels good,a coupla hours in the saddle and it feels just right,sometimes wish the actual movement of the seats n the e34 could be just a little bit slower,want to go forward a bit,dang to far back a bit ,dang.......