PDA

View Full Version : E34 weatherstripping, whats good?

carolina525
02-07-2005, 08:24 AM
I have an annoying wind noise from my doors due to the previous owner using hanger to unlock car (at least that is what it looks like) Anyone know who makes replacement weatherstripping for the E34. Thanks for any help you can provide.

632 Regal
02-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Look up the part numbers on the ETK and then send an email to BMA, with the part numbers they can usually hook you up.

Jeff N.
02-07-2005, 07:30 PM
About $60 or 70 per door if I recall via BMA. You need the BMW part as the weather stripping is color matched to the interior.

632 Regal
02-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I got the interior/ext seals too, big improvement. There are other seals worth looking into if you have noise that go on the doors and stuff, determine what you might need and go from there. The front seals popped right in and then I cut about a 3 inch section and pieced that into the rear seals under the foot panel and those seal up MUCH better plus saved a chunk of change.

Kalevera
02-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Jeff - how hard is it to install the interior seals? Mine are SHOT (like...smashed into goo), so I need to replace them, but I'm nervous like a whore in church over it...

best, whit

632 Regal
02-07-2005, 11:39 PM
not a big deal at all, it looks more intimidating than it is.

Picture this... pull the old **** out after removing the foot panel deal, put the seam to the bottom and push it on the track... replace the foot deal...done.

15 minutes a side if your anal as me.

save the old to cut and patch the rears up and save money, that takes about an hour for both cause you have to work the hard old stuff into position.

Easy stuff, really.

If theres like tarry glue use mineral spirits to wipe it down, someone may have used some glue to fix a shrunkin seal at one time or another. Wash hands before pushing new seal on.

Kalevera
02-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Good advice. I think my rears are worse off than my fronts though :( I may still just get new fronts and hack the rears back together...we'll see.

billy in slo
02-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Good advice. I think my rears are worse off than my fronts though :( I may still just get new fronts and hack the rears back together...we'll see.
Use a rubber mallet and wood block to get the new seal to seat properly, do the passenger side first so that by the time you do the driver side you will have it really figured out. It's a little tedious to get all the other trim bits tucked in nice and neat but just be patient. It was a huge improvement, mine looked melted also, I assumed the P.O. used some treatment that did this.