PDA

View Full Version : cd changer problems

scott540
02-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey, I got a disc error a few days ago. I thought maybe a disc was just stuck or something. When I went to check it out, the changer won't eject the cartridge. Anybody ever have this happen before? How do I get the cartridge out to fix the discs if it won't eject the cartridge? Man, 48 and sunny - Northern WI, beginning of Feb. Crazy

Brandon J
02-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Some people may say to stick a piece of cardboard or something to engage a release. I could never do it after poking and prodding around.

The best way to do it is to remove the CD changer and bring it to a desk. Then remove the CD changer cover by unscrewing the screws and check if there is a stuck CD. If there is, then you will be able to remove it. Afterwards, you will be able to see how the cartridge mechanism works. Then after you spot the release, release the cartridge.

I remember that I had to do this when I did not get any power to the CD changer. Later, after checking all my connections and fuses, I removed the changer. I found 7 CDs in it instead of 6. I guess 1 CD got stuck some how when it released the cartridge. I think it went into some kind of safe mode and shut off. Now, it's all fixed.

TheDuke
02-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Try pushing the cardirge with CD's in (do it gently).