PDA

View Full Version : removing back seat

Incantation
02-03-2005, 09:47 PM
hey guys,

i want to remove the back seat so i can get at the sound-proofing on the back dash (specifically its removal)

can someone tell me where the bolts are.. is there an online diagram? or can anyone recommend a good way to remove the sound-proofing?

cheers

bjl4776
02-03-2005, 09:58 PM
If i remember properly you just pull up the set bottom, there are handles underneath the seat that make it easy to pull out. Then i think that there are two bolts at the far bottom corners, then pull down the armrest and un-velcro the fabric behind it, and I believe that there are two more. You might need to unbolt the seatbelts as well, but im not sure. After all of the bolts have been removed, just pull up on the seat and it should pop out. To take the rear deck out you have to remove the c-pillars and unscrew one bolt on each side, To take the c-pillars out just get behind the molding strip with a screwdriver and carefully pry them off. If this doesn't make any sense let me know and ill get some pics from my car I just took apart.

Incantation
02-03-2005, 10:19 PM
nice.. thanks

bimmerd00d
02-03-2005, 11:16 PM
seat belts dont need to come out. There are 4 bolts holding the rear seat in, they're actually plastic nuts. Two on the outer ends near the buckles, and two you can access by pulling the armrest down and the flap un-velcro'd ;)

Kalevera
02-03-2005, 11:21 PM
The fun part is installing the seat back :) takes a little coordination. Just try not to overtorque the plastic nuts that hold the thing on...what a flimsy design.

best, whit