PDA

View Full Version : Attention Porter Cable 7336 users!!!

Jr ///M5
02-03-2005, 06:58 PM
If you haven't already bought a velcro system or were shopping for replacement factory pads for the Porter Cable, I found a sale for the original white polishing pads that come with the PC.

I think it's a good deal even if you do use the velcro type pads, anyway they're on sale for $2.95 each.

Just a heads up for my buddies, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the below listed link.

http://www.properautocare.com/repporcabfoa.html

Enjoy,
Jr

Bill R.
02-04-2005, 10:01 AM

If you haven't already bought a velcro system or were shopping for replacement factory pads for the Porter Cable, I found a sale for the original white polishing pads that come with the PC.

I think it's a good deal even if you do use the velcro type pads, anyway they're on sale for $2.95 each.

Just a heads up for my buddies, I have no affiliation whatsoever with the below listed link.

http://www.properautocare.com/repporcabfoa.html

Enjoy,
Jr

liquidtiger720
02-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Hmm. do you really use those pads? I use mine to hold my mf bonnet. hahaha.

Scott H
02-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Now if my car was only as worthy of a polishing as JR's is! :(

Jr ///M5
02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
I also ordered 5 of them Bill, for less than $20 including shipping. The original one has lasted for over 15 detailings and has just started to tear away from the holder. I can't believe how easy they clean up and they look brand new again. Just use a pinch of washing powder (laundry type) and rub onto the pad under running water. They turn out snow white again!

Scott, we should get your car down here and have the shop paint it for you. They would make it look new again! But then again, June 11th is only 4 short months away, and we have to have our priorities in order. Believe me bud, it's now or never....=) Plan on seeing you in June, don't work too hard this season!

Jr

Jeff N.
02-04-2005, 10:10 PM
schweeet. just ordered up a wad as well. Thx Jr!

Scott H
02-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Believe me bud, it's now or never....=)
Jr

You are right.......If I don't get married now, I never will :p

That's is what you meant.....right??

There will be other chicago people at the wedding who hang out here ...... maybe a couple tables full after including their dates. So you should have familiar company ........as well as Jill's relatives from Chili!

George M
02-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah...that's what he meant Scott...hehe. BTW...best of luck.

Thanks for the link Jr. I too ordered some for my PC. One can't have too many polishing pads!
Getting almost spring time weather in Michigan this weekend!...am sure you are having similar in Chicago. Gonna be 50 on Sunday...yipee. Course going back into the wintery mix by middle of next week...oh no. Currently am rebuilding my 12 year old Liftmaster garage door opener....just picked up the new gear set! Guys...don't replace 'em, rebuild them...motors never wear out according to more than one source....for the Liftmaster's that is. Shreaded gears is pretty common though. Manually working the door with no outside handle ain't easy :)
Cheers,
George
Want to see some shreaded plastic gears? Gears are plastic for noise supression and wear is based on usage and door adjustment and ironically more robust than the aluminum gearset used in earlier Stanley openers.
Thought you guys may get a kick out this:
http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Door Opener 1.jpg

http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Door Opener 2.jpg

Scott H
02-06-2005, 02:49 AM
I have always assumed it was relatively new.....based on my assumption that it is 5-7 years old, would that amount of wear be considered premature? I know nothing about garage door openers. When we bought our 3-year old house, the garage door was very loud....not the opener, but the door hinges/track, etc. I greased the rollers, and shot the hinges with that Wurth HHS2000 you turned me on to a couple of years ago..........I haven't noticed the door making any noise ever since.

I hope all is well and your visit to FL was good.

Scott

George M
02-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi Scott,
Well..my condo is relatively new...only about 12 years old or so :-)...I am the second owner moving in in 1998. I just got done rebuilding the opener over the weekend. I think it is pretty nicely engineered. I am not plussed about the gears stripping after 12 years...the thing gets a fair amount of use. Believe the trick is to not have your travel set up to far at either open or close which puts more strain on the gearset when the door stops. I am glad the worm gear kit is available. This is not a job for the average home owner...takes the mechanical aptitude of most on this board to rebuild it. They also offer the complete gear drive assembly at $20 more but thats too easy :-) The average guy would be better served to buy a new opener or buy the complete gear set drive.
It has never worked better. The judder I was getting at start up was due to excessive lash in the gears which finally stripped completely.
Hope all is well in your new home...sure no opener issues there :-)
George