PDA

View Full Version : New Mufflers from Ebay

The Melmaan
02-03-2005, 01:44 AM
undefined
Hello E34 Lovers!!!!
Just want to check if anyone of you has bought and installed exhaust mufflers from Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7950368056&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
This are Remus Style Muffler that is being sold at a low price.
If any of you Bimmer Fans bought one, what reviews do you have? Do I have to go to some local shop to install or is it installable by myself?
Do I need to chop off the pipes before the old muffler?
Thanks,
The Melmaan :D

shogun
02-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Well for 12 $ buy it now you cannot make a lot wrong. Only just do not believe this statement about increase of HP:
Increase up to 10% HP
There is nothing mentioned about how to connect.
"INLET 2.50" - DUAL 3" SQUARE TIP - 21"L X 8"W X 5-1/4"H, T-304 Stainless steel.
High Flow Design for maximum performance!!!
Lights Weight Design 10 lbs. ONLY(Up to 50% lighter than stock OEM mufflers)"

Maybe you contact the seller.
Also see feedback from buyers.

http://www.x3racing.com/muffler/remus.jpg

willobmw
02-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Instead of asking about how it will be installed, Be more concerned about how it will sound. I'm sure for the price,there is not too much inside to help control the noise. I'm pretty sure you will have a nice Bavarian Machine with a drone of a "Rice Rocket" sound.
Remember you always get what you pay for. LOL
Willo

cadman20
02-03-2005, 07:09 AM
I bought one a while back, the one I got is a single in and dual out, had to take it to a muffler shop to get it installed (had to make a Y for it). Sounded like a bumble bee in heat. Muffler guy said it is not really SST and is a single wall instead of a dual wall design. It created too much back pressure on the system.

Finally bought a ansa to put on.

The Melmaan
02-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks,
If you are going to notice, the shipping is alot of bucks. Yes, 10HP is hokey. I'm trying to get input from the folks who bought some.

The Melmaan
02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
You're saying, it is a thumbs down for this cheapo item?

liquidtiger720
02-04-2005, 12:44 AM
I would save my money for gas.