PDA

View Full Version : New front struts at 105,000 on 95 525i

Russell
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Next week I am having my indy put on new stock Boge struts and associated parts at about 105,000. Hope the change makes the car ride a bit better. It is rather harsh over hard edge bumps and seems to roll a bit more in the corners than I like.

FYI, I also have Bruno's upper strut arm inserts which seems to make the worn struts seem harsher. We shall see if it is still harsh. If so, I plan to rtplace the upper thrust arms with 750 bushings and leave Bruno's bushings off.

This is the first the struts have been replaced. Just hope I am not wasting my money.
Just my 2 cents

632 Regal
02-01-2005, 10:51 PM
at 105k your due. Mattering on what strut you choose the ride goes accordingly. The stockers will give you that brand new ride...noticable but not harsh like a sport shock, you will be pleased.

hows the thrust arms and stuff?

Russell
02-01-2005, 11:32 PM
They may need replacing. No shimmy or vibration after Bruno's inserts. Did have some before. Other suspension parts have been pronounced all good by three different shops.

at 105k your due. Mattering on what strut you choose the ride goes accordingly. The stockers will give you that brand new ride...noticable but not harsh like a sport shock, you will be pleased.

hows the thrust arms and stuff?

pappapaul
02-03-2005, 09:08 PM
I just mine on my car. It's a full 3 to 4 hour Job. pretty staright forward. bmwe34.net has great visual on the entire job. I bot a set of Bilstein Touring for $58 each from the net. Greta deal and a little stiffer than Boge stock ones. Let me know though if you get any vibrations after. i havea haunting one. My vibration seems to start at 35 and feels like I have a can of fix a flat in my tires. I kind of resignates and then discipates. AHrd to describe. Only came about thought after I changed out Blown front KYB struts. Let me know if you have any similar vibrations after replacement.