PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with cruise control willing to help?

Interceptor
02-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Hi guys,

I have no relays in the relay box near the cruise control actuator, so if someone is willing to take a look in there and tell me what do I need? My cruise control doesn't work at all - no action when pressing/tilting the cruise control switch.

Thanks in advance.

shogun
02-01-2005, 09:13 AM
That will not help you much.
Maybe you check first of all if you have all these items onboard
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD63&mospid=47404&prod=19921000&btnr=66_0057&hg=66&fg=20

Next is to check the wiring diagrams based on your car model and year. They are usually available on my website.
Please tell us what is missing.
Also clearly state month and year the car is produced. 92/525i/M50 is not clear enough. It can be a 1992 modell= from 09/1991 or produced in December 1992.
VIN decoder is on my page or if you look at Johan and Sean's page under miscellaneous links.
Do not be surprised, my car was produced exactly on November 17, 1988 and was first registered in 12/1989.
There are big differences in design and in options depending on the month of production, especially when they are produced in the month (s) of fecalift upgrade.
Best is you drive to the dealer and ask for a print out of the car's options.

Interceptor
02-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Also clearly state month and year the car is produced. 92/525i/M50 is not clear enough. It can be a 1992 modell= from 09/1991 or produced in December 1992.
VIN decoder is on my page or if you look at Johan and Sean's page under miscellaneous links.
Do not be surprised, my car was produced exactly on November 17, 1988 and was first registered in 12/1989.
There are big differences in design and in options depending on the month of production, especially when they are produced in the month (s) of fecalift upgrade.
Best is you drive to the dealer and ask for a print out of the car's options.
My car is produced 10/1991, it's a M50B25 E34, left-hand drive, manual transmission, sedan, has electric sunroof & front windows, cruise control and OBC.

My dealer is a stealer! They charge like they work with gold-plated tools! I would really like to avoid them if possible.

shogun
02-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Hhe, the dealer is a stealer,
o.k., try this, do not know if it is also same on the E34 but worth a try to get all the options and even the day of production and the production line in the old days:
http://shrubbery.student.utwente.nl/sean750/option_list/Options750.html

Javier
02-01-2005, 11:42 AM
CC lever, CC module, and CC Actuator

The lever you know were it is, the Module is under LH side of dash, the actuator is in the LH side of engine compartment, near the relay box, F17 is only to feed a transmission High/Low signal in EGS equiped cars, so can not be the culprit.

If it suddenly stop working, check all connections and grounds to the components, if never worked, just follow Shogun advise and be sure you have all components.

Javier

Phil Sanderson
02-01-2005, 08:26 PM
...the cruise control will not activate either.

regards
Phil

shogun
02-01-2005, 09:13 PM
One more: the brake light switch under the brake pedal is sometimes wrong positioned or faulty.
So if there is a fault that for example the system 'thinks' that the brake switch is activated, the cc will deactivate automatically.

simon-york
02-02-2005, 08:20 AM
ditto the clutch switch. This car is manual remember and will also have a clutch switch. Hitting either pedal will disengage cruise.

Interceptor
02-04-2005, 08:15 AM
One more: the brake light switch under the brake pedal is sometimes wrong positioned or faulty.
So if there is a fault that for example the system 'thinks' that the brake switch is activated, the cc will deactivate automatically.
The brake-light switch works as it should - I can hear it clicking after I press the pedal a few milimeters, and the brake lights go on and off as they should. The speedo is working properly and all other instrumentation. How do I check if the clutch switch is OK?

Javier
02-04-2005, 09:46 AM
just unplug S32 (see picture) and check continuity at the switch terminals, operating the clutch. Should go on and off.

Sorry, I'm not sure how the system uses the clutch signal. Not sure it turn off with clutch depressed if no breaking.

Javier