PDA

View Full Version : Eureka, I Have Found It. Hey Not So Fast Buddy

willobmw
01-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Today while browsing the Net for a replacement Cat for the 535i, I decided to have a look at the MagnaFlow site. What is this, A direct replacement fit area for European cars. I thought I was in heaven when I saw BMW then E34 535i. I double click and there it was. The closest looking Cat to this side of O.E.M that I've seen. Part # 80661. I call but too early. Must be a left coast thing. :D

Call again later. Sales please. Sales. I'm callling for a replacement cat for a 1990 BMW 535i. Part # _ _ _ _ _. We don't have no Cat by that part#. What, It is on you Website. Oh, thats for Europe only. Thanks for nothing. :(

Back to the drawing board. Looks like D.E.C., Miller or OUCH.E.M again. What gives with the Europe only? I thought when BMW started using Cats to keep the Greens happy all the cats were the same. I wonder how much this Cat cost in Euros. I even thought about buying a 3 Yr Cat and then have a shop weld a universal MagnaFlow or the like Cat in. I guess I'll buy the 3Yr one and wait until I hear that distinct marble rattling sound. :p

Willo

winfred
01-31-2005, 11:40 PM
099-113 i show it to be $300 my cost so it can probably be found under $400

willobmw
01-31-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks Winfred, that looks a lot beter than the others. I will give a call tommorrow. And to all a good night.
Willo

Kalevera
02-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Winfred - how long's the bosal going to last? four, five years? more?!

winfred
02-01-2005, 09:23 AM
don't know, don't sell too many and never had one come back