PDA

View Full Version : So the car's had a rough few weeks.

Sean H
01-31-2005, 02:53 PM
(I may use street names to further clarify locations for local types, but they're not relavent to the story. If they look unfamiliar, you're not missing anything).
My 535 has had a bit of bad luck lately. It all started about right after New Years when my muffler finally gave up the ghost and was dangling only by the resonator when I returned from a lovely trip to the Wal-Mart (shudder). A pair of wire coat hangers later and I'm back on the streets (still waiting for my new Supersprint to arrive).
Then, about three weeks ago I made one last Home Depot run before school started the following day. As I headed up Ponce to make a left turn onto Glen Iris, a silver Integra worked it's way out of a side parking lot and attmepted to make a left turn. Traffic was stopped at the light, and the through traffic had stopped to let him trough. As I apporached the light, the driver didn't see me and made his move. BUMP. Gouged the bumper cover and the impact strip on the passenger's side. Traded info, got the police report, and went about our way.
Fast forward to last Tuesday. I came home after class at nine and parked in my usual spot behind the gate at my building. The next morning as I walk towards my car, I saw the unmistakable form of broken glass beside the passenger's side of my car. Seems someone had climbed the fence and heaved a chunk of the broken sidewalk from across the street through my window. Wasn't worth their time, as they got away with a day runner I hadn't used in two years and my cell phone, which didn't work that well anyway (it was the free one they give you when you sign up). Total value fo goods: umm, maybe $60?
And to add insult to injury, my car was covered in at least a half inch of ice (thicker in some areas) the other night by the ice storm. It looked like it was covered in that glass they make shower doors out of.
But in the end all will be fine. I eventually got my car broken free of the ice, I sent the estimate to the other party and should have a check soon, my Supersprint should be arriving shortly, and less than 36 hours later the window was repaired and I was back in my car (and I got to drive a Z4 during the interim!).
So hopefully the bad streak is over for my aging car, and I'll finally get all those little things finished that have been hanging over my head and can call the project complete...for a little while anyway.

best535iever
01-31-2005, 02:58 PM
My 535 has had a bit of bad luck lately.

Just remember... it always darkest before the dawn! You havent driven under any ladders lately, have you?

Kalevera
01-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Sounds like another episode of E34 HELL, mate. It'll pass :)

me4mimes
01-31-2005, 11:30 PM
lol i know how it is, i overheated my engine... thought i warped the head... totally dissasembled the engine, got it pressure checked and checked for warpage and i got lucky with a cracked head gasket, someone threw a rock at my car cause he was drunk, and my muffler is starting to fall off...