PDA

View Full Version : What do I use for my drivers side windshield wiper?

Mass535Love
01-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Simple questions and I even feel a little stupid asking it. It's winter time and well I noticed the quality of the "wiping" has gone way down. Probably the stiffer summer rubber of my old wiper. It skips most of the glass on the down stroke etc. With roadspray clogging up my windshield I must get different ones.
I went to Advanced auto and got a new passenger side wiper with NO problem. I try to get the drivers side and it just won't work with ANY of the recommended blades. Seems my original is offset a little and has some kind of aerodynamic wind shield on it. The new ones have none of this and just simply will not work. When you guys replace yours what do you do it with? New inserts only or do you replace the whole blade? What brands etc do you prefer? Please help. I've a REALLY hard time seeing at night like this. Combine that with my low output cracked lowbeam and it's a nightmare driving at night. Thank you guys for ANY and all suggestions.

P.S. it's 90 535i and there was NO recommended driver side blades, only passenger so I looked at the 91 for recommended drivers side.

Michael

p_gill
01-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Mike,

I use Bosch wiper blades.

BMA or another source should be able to get you some. I bought mine at a local auto parts store.

The thing that I noticed about my blades is that they are realy big especially the drivers side.

This help clear the corners of the window.

However if you can't see with you current blade I would reccomend buying exactialy the same blade that you are running on the passenger side and installing it on the drivers side. It will be too short but that wont have a big impact on what you can see.

Then you can order the correct blades and when they arrive swap them out and all is well again.

Good luck

Paul

89 535ia