PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of CCFL angel eyes?

infinity5
01-30-2005, 10:06 PM
instead of LEDs or bulbs, they're flouresent tubes...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7950581608&category=33710

interesting. they certainly look ultra bright.

winfred
01-30-2005, 10:25 PM
i wonder why someone doesn't bend some glass tube and do em in neon, then you could have all kinds of faggy colors

Kalevera
01-31-2005, 12:16 AM
hahaha. for real - i'll take some purple ones!

seriously, though...I wonder how long a flourescent bulb would last on the street. I'd much rather take my chances with LEDs...although the CCFL seems to give off MUCH more light. Kinda doesn't even look like an angel eye anymore....

Mobius
01-31-2005, 05:05 AM
Oh I love this:

"New CCFL (Crystal Clear Flourcent Light)Technology!"Crystal Clear, eh? How about "Cold Cathode Flourescent Light"... *sigh*...

Traditional flourescent lights contain a heating filament that will eventually burn out like any light bulb filament will. A traditional flourescent bulb wouldn't last a mile mounted in a car.

A cold cathode light uses no such filament, and generates no (or very little) heat. They aren't affected by vibration and such - so they shouldn't have any problem in a car.

I think they should look pretty damn good - you'd just definitely want to be able to turn them off when the rain or fog comes - flourescent light scatters like no other.