PDA

View Full Version : Pics: my e34

Incantation
01-30-2005, 07:21 PM
hey guys.. here's a link to my 1990 e34 535i..

http://www.cardomain.com/id/incantation

comments?

632 Regal
01-30-2005, 07:54 PM
put one in your signature.

Ted K
01-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Very well done. Your car looks great. Do you have anymore pictures of the CF B-pillars? Where did you pick those up from?

Kalevera
01-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Adam - I've said it before and I'll say it again: your car is HOT, man!

Good luck with that turbo!

best, whit

liquidtiger720
01-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Very nice. I like the eyelids covering up the full circled angel eyes. Looks better imo.

MTechnik540i
01-31-2005, 01:07 AM
hey guys.. here's a link to my 1990 e34 535i..

http://www.cardomain.com/id/incantation

comments?

The whole thing seems non OEM to me...with the exception of the replica wheels. I say Parallels and turbine I/IIs are the only option for e34s...but that's just me ;)

Paul in NZ
01-31-2005, 01:51 AM
VERY tidy Inc'

I say Parallels and turbine I/IIs are the only option for e34s...but that's just me

style 10's too,(turbines I/IIs must mean t stars right?????)

http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/Chris's%20BMW540iA.JPG

Incantation
01-31-2005, 01:54 AM
i tried.. it even shows in my user settings that there is one but it doesn't display :o

put one in your signature.

Incantation
01-31-2005, 01:56 AM
thanks.. i got them on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7937628708&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

in case the link doesn't work.. the user was at-motorsports .. i think the item arrived 3 days after i paid.. great seller.

i have no pics atm but i will take some tomorrow for you..

Very well done. Your car looks great. Do you have anymore pictures of the CF B-pillars? Where did you pick those up from?

Incantation
01-31-2005, 01:57 AM
thanks! :)

Adam - I've said it before and I'll say it again: your car is HOT, man!

Good luck with that turbo!

best, whit

Incantation
01-31-2005, 02:03 AM
yea.. i was bent on m-parallels for the longest time.. but i wanted to try something that hadn't yet been done. i think i might get a set of parallels too, just for fun, but i doubt they will suit the way i've set up the car.. i guess we'll see. i am happy i went with these though

The whole thing seems non OEM to me...with the exception of the replica wheels. I say Parallels and turbine I/IIs are the only option for e34s...but that's just me ;)

Jason
01-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I want to paint the mouldings and get the clear lights too... and the E60 rims are a nice touch

best535iever
01-31-2005, 12:28 PM
I love it. You've done alot to your ride that im planning on doing to mine. Im repainting my 535 the same color from top to bottom, less the chrome, in about 2 months. I might put on a conservative body kit. not sure yet. I like its original lines. Im new to this forum and not sure if there is to many bass heads, but do me a favor and let us know when u install a system or what your format is. Im looking to insall a kick ass system. Have one 12" audiobahn now. Need two. so im redoing the whole thing. My tweets and mid range are stock. Also soon to change. So let us know. Ive got alot of custom ideas floating around in my head.

Incantation
01-31-2005, 04:08 PM
well i am running a 13 inch Focal 33v2 sub.. it's not really an spl sub.. more quality oriented, but it sure does pound. a big problem in e34 i have found is that the bass does not easily get into the cabin.. i mean right now i have 800Watts RMS in there and.. well i am thinking i will have to build a ported box because the current sealed is too quiet. too much sound-deadening material in the back dash

i already ripped out all the firewall/insulation behind the back seats and built a false backing for mounting my amps.. this made a bit of an improvement but not much. i think the only way to really get sound into the cabin is to fire the ports through the back dash or through the ski hole.. something i am going to try this week.

otherwise the rest of the system includes:
Clarion dxz845mc head
Focal 165v2 Components for front
JL VR 6.5inch components for rear
Kenwood excelon kac-x541 4 channel
kenwood excelon kac-x811d monoblock for sub

have you got any links for 535 trunk setups? i have seen lots of interesting pics but never anything regarding how they got around the muffling factor.. hopefully removing the sound-deadening material on the back dash will work

best535iever
01-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Yup, i found the same problem w/ the bass staying in the trunk. So i did punch out the ski hole. I wrapped the edges w/ carpeting to match my interior. Turned out a little better. I also have a single 12 audiobahn in a sealed box. But im going 2 12's in a while. Thinking bandpass setup. Also a guy from the audio shop i go to had a good idea. Ya know when they face two speakers together and reverse the polarities? Well if its done right the port will come out the front of the box. If you face that towards the ski hole.... who knows, could work.

my system as of now:
Kenwood headunit (nothin special)
Audiobahn 12" dual voice coil sub
Alpine V-12 amp, 5 channel
-2 channels bridged to each coil
a 1 farad capacitor (cause the lights blinked to much)

The sub sounds good, but when is it enough? Its pushing 600 RMS, i think. I like the clearer sounding speakers rather than just BOOM.

As far as the sound deadening in the trunk goes... it shows we own a quaility car. :) sometimes thats a bitch. :( Nope. dont have any links for ya. I'll look around a little though.