PDA

View Full Version : paint damaged by acid rain?

best535iever
01-30-2005, 01:25 AM
I have a 91 535 w/ a very bad paint job on it. Its original paint. it looks like someone waxed it and left it in the sun for hours. all the clear coat is off. im planning on repainting it in about a month or so. I looked on the internet to find some paint ideas and stuff ( iwas bored) and stumbled on an interesting link. Apperently bmw left some new bmw's outside and they got damaged by acid rain. they repainted them and sold them to the states w/out saying anything about the damage. There is a recall on some. as long as your vin# matches. Would the dealership repaint my car? if anyone has any info id appreciate it. THANKS!

Kalevera
01-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Hahaha...that's pretty funny. I feel you on the paint issues, though - you should see what my car looks like. Unfortunately, I think my paint's as bad as it is due to sitting under a bunch of oak trees and the tannins eating away at it....maybe someone with a better chemistry background can confirm or shoot down my theory, accordingly.

The stealership doesn't like to do things for free, so I'd be very surprised if, after ~14 years, one would be able to get a paint job out of them.

Good luck, though!

winfred
01-30-2005, 11:11 AM
i think after the service writer at the dealer recovered from laughing he'd say get bent

best535iever
01-31-2005, 01:25 PM
i think after the service writer at the dealer recovered from laughing he'd say get bent

Right... guess i should stop dreamin'. Still think its BS though. BUT, if i would have known about it before, I still would've bought it. I stole it for 4,500.

632 Regal
01-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Earl Sheib?

still have paint jobs for $99?

best535iever
01-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Earl Sheib?

still have paint jobs for $99?

$99!? FILL ME IN!

winfred
01-31-2005, 11:28 PM
they paint everything, glass, trim, tires, mud, squashed bugs, with this extreamly prone to orange peel crappy paint that flakes off due to shitty prep work, i've seen a few that the paint under had a better shine

$99!? FILL ME IN!

best535iever
01-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Ohh. damn. Not going there then.

Kalevera
02-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Earl Sheib is ****ing hilarious.

The sad thing is that people actually use that place. A guy I knew a few years back with a Sentra actually got the Earl Sheib special "midnight blue".

It looked like $99.

shogun
02-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Oh come on, guys, that can only happen in America, that someone is asking how to to get a claim right on a car produced 10-15 years ago.
Did you ever check the car before you bought it? If yes, no claim, if you never checked the car before you bought it, it is your own fault.
Do not sue me, it did not want to offend you and i was careless to say that and i did not mind to say to you that eventually someone might sue me.

We are people of this world and we know what we buy, that is my opinion.
And we are responsible for that.
Point.