PDA

View Full Version : February Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group Gathering Information.

Triton540i
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group
TechnoBMW.com

Dear Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group Member,

Can you believe how fast January has gone? I was talking to Steve the other day and we both couldn't believe how fast the time has gone since our last group gathering! Well, I'll give everyone a quick recap on our January gathering. We had roughly eight people present and discussed some of the plans for this year. We are in the process of planning a few drives over the warmer months. Ken is part of the Miata group and will be utilizing some of their event information to assist us in route planning. Mike is has also volunteered to work on some routes as he recently was given a great book describing some area scenic drives that might also include driving into Wisconsin's double letter roads, awesome!

I've been in contact with the Dakota County Technical College in Rosemount, MN. to assemble some type of driving events over the spring-fall seasons, utilizing their track facility. I'm in the process of gathering information about their requirements for the use of their facility and holding group events, hopefully soon I will have something put together to share with the group! We will be offering this as the alternative to the BMWCCA's Northstar Chapter's driving events at BIR as several of our members don't have the time to take three days out of our schedules to track our cars. Keep in mind that the Dakota County Technical College track is at slower speeds (I've heard under 60mph, probably closer to 45mph) to enable you to focus on the handling of your car in more real world situations on the street. They all ready offer classes to the public every other Saturday that go from 9am-5pm (to my understanding) and cost approximately $150 per person and pre-registration is required for these events. I will be in contact with their coordinator next week to find out more information about group event information. I have mentioned that we could be making this a combined event with several possible groups including the Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, VW and Audi groups if number of participants becomes a concern. This is a great way to have fun with your BMW without going through a set of tires and brakes over a weekend at a higher speed facility.

At the January meeting we as a group discussed the implementation of some specific Tech Sessions that will cover general and specific services required on your BMW. Some of our late year gatherings at my house last year turned into a social event than a Tech Session, what can I say... that's what happens when the weather gets a bit too cold! I will assure you that we will have a few well organized Tech Sessions this year as several of our members stated they have planned projects on their cars. I know I'll be doing some suspension work on the 5er in the spring and would be happy to share in my fun as I tear into it! Just remember, when you come to a Tech Session, you don't have to get dirty to have fun, there is plenty to enjoy through the conversation of some of your friends and learning new things about how these great cars work!

Recently I posted an announcement on both our forums regarding the assembly of a master contact list that would be sent out to all of our members. By having such a list, this would enable you to contact other members quickly if you have questions regarding event and emergency contact information. Several of you have all ready sent me your information and I will be adding it to the list. If this sounds like something that interests you, please E-mail me your Name, year and model BMW(s) you drive, your telephone number (cell phone preferred) and the city you live in. Please do not post this information on either of our forums (MinneapolisBMW [Yahoo Groups] or the TechnoBMW.com forum supported by BimmerBoard.com) to protect our member's privacy and security. If any such information is posted on either of those two forums regarding this master list I will immediately delete them to protect our members. I will be assembling the master list later next week and will be E-mailing it to everyone in our group, once again, please do not post any personal contact information such as phone numbers on the forums (regarding this list) to ensure the privacy of our members.

Our monthly gathering for January is going to be scheduled for this coming Tuesday Evening (February 1st.) at 7:00PM at Mike's hotel in Burnsville, the Ramada LTD & Fanta Suite Hotel. The bar is up and running and refreshments will be available for purchase for your enjoyment. I am hoping to further discuss some of our plans for the 2005 year along with upcoming events in the next few months as we prepare for spring. I'll include the address and directions to this month's gathering place, I hope you're able to join us this coming Tuesday and I look forward to seeing you all there!

February 1, 2005 @ 7:00PM
RAMADA LTD& FantaSuite Hotel
250 N. River ridge Circle
Burnsville, MN. 55337

MapQuest:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=250+N.+River+ridge+Circle&city=Burnsville&state=mn&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

For those who are new to the gatherings, I want to thank you for your interest and please feel free to extend the invitation to other BMW owners. As a group, we casually talk about different things related to repairs, upgrades, suspension and racing. During the warmer months we gather at the Caribou Coffee shop located at the Northwest end of Lake Calhoun, but due to the size of our group, we're holding it at different locations through the winter. We have several ideas for this year, which include several exciting outdoor events. Many people in our group are members of the BMWCCA and have mentioned that they enjoy having a group that gathers on a monthly basis that's why they are associated with this owners group in addition to the BMWCCA. If you aren't a member of the BMWCCA, don't worry, it's not a prerequisite to be part of our group, we don't charge membership dues and new members are always welcome! I hope to see a large turnout this Tuesday, thanks for your interest in the Minneapolis BMW Owners Group!

-Eric Kozar
estonbach@aol.com