PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any power seat info?

e34it
01-27-2005, 04:26 PM
I need the schematics on the drivers side seat, all the wiring and such underneath the seat, why the connector harness is different from pass side seat, and which wire is power on the seat? Please help before i give up on my project

freeparking
01-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I had to fix my driver seat backrest for my 92 525i so I went to the BMW dealer
parts dept and asked for a schematic printout of my seat. They can print you one
there. I threw mine out for some reason. Whats wrong with your seat?

Javier
01-27-2005, 04:50 PM
on your previous post. (see link).

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?postid=55515#post55515

If you agree, I can e-mail you pdf drawings for 1989 e34.

Javier

e34it
01-28-2005, 02:35 AM
Instructions were fine, but i have no idea which wire is the power wire under the drivers seat, the harness from my car, and the one under the seat are different, the seat one is black and smaller and dfiff size than the white one that comes out under my carpet, we ran new wire made a fuse holder, pass side is good, driver side wont power up, i m lost.........

Javier
01-28-2005, 06:17 AM
other post. Will try to work something for you today.

IT IS NOT PERMITED TO GIVE UP.

Javier

e34it
01-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Ok i will wait patiently, the seats are getting impatient though they need a new home, i rescued them from the junkyard , i just hope there is someway to bypass the memory and just have the power only if thats what is missing or in the way, thanks

pong
01-28-2005, 11:29 AM
the seat of my car when u attempt to recline it tilts only on one side...

the whole back rest doesnt go down only the left side... thus a weird position... how do u correct this?

is there a picture of how i can fix the prob? i think it has something to do with the internal gears of it

thanks

Javier
01-28-2005, 01:06 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?postid=21111&highlight=Seat+tilt#post21111

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?postid=19038&highlight=seat+tilt#post19038

Javier

Edit: Link corrected

Javier
01-28-2005, 03:40 PM
memory control module in the M5 seat you get as replacement, as indicated in the picture?

If you do not have a connector to match the black connector under your carpet, then I guess somebody pull out the memory control module, or the harness going to that white connector, and who knows what else.

Then, I need to know also:

Do you have the harness and connector plugging into the adjustments switch (Seat control switch) module (X603, 12 pin black connector)?

Do you have the harness and connectors plugging to each motor (X726 2 pins black, X727 2 pins white, X728 2 pins white, X729 2 pins black, X731, 2 pins white; 5 motors, X731 inside the seat back)?

Javier

e34it
01-28-2005, 04:38 PM
How bout this ill take a pic of the seat and show u what i got, cause u are getting too technical for me, im not good at this at all

Javier
01-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Picture sounds great.

Javier
01-29-2005, 08:27 PM
When your removed the seat from the M5 1995, you were forced to leave in that car the Memory control module connector X18322 (Black, 26 pins), and connector X18323 (Black, 4 pins). One of them had attached wires going under the carpet, to connectors in left and right kick side panels, just ahead of the front doors, and the other, had a brown/orange wire bolted to ground under the rear seat. As you did, you also leaved the male half part of connector X275 (Black, 12 pins) wired to those fore mentioned connectors, this was the mating part for the connector under the carpet, at driver’s seat of your 1989 E34. You probably have hanging from the seat the male half of connector X626 (Black 8 pin), the female half went away with the X275 male half. This all suppose you did not cut any wires.

If you look at your new seat, you should have a black box (Memory seat mirror control module) showing two missing plugs (X18322, and X18323, total 30 pins). In these conditions, to keep the memory feature for the seat requires to connect to those pins without the proper connecting plug, which, though possible, is some how complicated. The handicap I see here is that you are missing all the Mirror control devices. The mirrors control switch is a special one, and also the mirrors themselves are special. My concern is how will the system behave if he found no feedback signal from the mirror position indicating potentiometers. I do not want to bias your decision, but would be much easier to remove the memory feature from the seat and convert it to a plain power operated seat. I wouldn’t do it, but rather go for the mirrors, the mirror switch control and all the missing harnesses to complete the system.

Let me know what you want to do. If you decide to bypass the memory, I can prepare you a detailed chart for wire cut and splice. The only limitation will be the connection to your existing connector under the seat; I wouldn’t like to cut the wires going to it, to splice them into the seat wires, as you will not be able to unplug them when attempting to remove the seat for maintenance/cleaning purposes. Think the best chance would be to obtain a male/female up to eight (depends on the seat features) wires connector and replace the existing X275 under the seat. Also let me know if the seat has thigh support switch, lumbar support switch, and heater switch.

Javier

PS: Haven’t seen any pictures yet from under your new seat.

e34it
01-30-2005, 05:58 AM
Javier here are the pics sorry i posted them at the top also, i dont care about the memory functions, i just want them to power up and move, i am the only one who drives it so memory isnt important, i already have power mirrors, is that the mirror stuff you are talking about? they dont seem to be related to my seats. Seat pics (http://community.webshots.com/album/262047682BPfTzV)

Javier
01-30-2005, 10:14 AM
the system also adjusts the L & R door mirrors according to the driver’s selection. Then, the mirrors not only have motors, but a position sensing potentiometer. Saw you did cut some wires, so it is hard to know details on what’s left on the memory system.

To convert the seat to a standard power seat, you will require the “Seat control switch”, the one at the side with levers to control seat position, the connector to it, named X603 (Black, 12 pins with the shape of the attached picture), the motors, and the connector to the motors (black and blue connectors, 2 pins each plugging in the different motors). In order to permit the seat to be removable without cutting any wires, we will also require a male/female connector, think your female connector in picture 010 match the male connector in picture 006, we can use those to plug/unplug the whole seat, just like you did (I guess) with the under carpet connector at passengers seat.

Once modified, the harness will look exactly like the harness on you passenger’s seat, so you will always be able to use that one as a reference. Let me work a little bit on the char to post it for you.

Javier

Javier
01-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Do not hesitate to ask for clarifications or further instructions if you find any discrepancy. Remember I'm using drawings and manuals, not the actual seat.

Javier

Edit: Links to missing pictures
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=774&stc=1
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=775&stc=1
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=776&stc=1

Javier
01-30-2005, 08:02 PM
This is the tool used to remove circular metal terminals from the connector plastic body.

Javier

Javier
02-02-2005, 07:10 AM

e34it
02-02-2005, 08:25 AM
At a standstill, i have my friend working on the drivers seat, and worst case scenario im going to get an old power passanger seat, and switch my seat onto the rails to make a new drivers seat with pass side wiring components , and change the controls to the other side being the harness would be the same if i did that, let me know what u think?

Javier
02-02-2005, 11:00 AM
old Driver's or Passenger's power seat, just get the harness, it will fit straight to your M5 seat. Of course, you will leave out of the system the memory specials, but the switch control and the motors will be on line.

The harness will include connector X603 for the Switch control, connector X275 for the connection of the seat to the car, and the 5 small 2 pins connectors for the motors.

Piece of cake.

Javier

angrypancake
09-22-2006, 12:12 AM
bump because I'm sure this will come in handy.

Paul in NZ
09-22-2006, 12:39 AM
wow you have been reading the back issues!

angrypancake
09-22-2006, 08:48 AM
I had to, I'm putting memory seats in my car