PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology to Mark D.

granit_silber
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
My parents raised me to be a man of integrity that knows when he's made a mistake and to make amends when possible. It may seem overly dramtic, but I feel the need to explain myself and try to make amends.

Earlier today I replied to a post and inadvertenly stepped into a HUGE pile of you know what. While my response was valid, and I still consider the orignal poster as an e34 authority, I didn't understand the background of the situation (i.e Beta test). In future I will temper my responses so that hopefully I won't step into another pile any time soon.

I sent Mark a pm to apologize, but felt it necessary to post a copy of that message to serve as a public apology to Mark in the hopes that any offended parties would be able to let this go. Below is an copy of portions of that message.

Mark,
I didn't mean to open up of can of worms or offend you or anyone else. I was simply responding to a post from someone I consider as learned in E34's.
I admit that I am new to this world of BMW owning/modding. I use this board as a way to soak up as much knowledge as I can each day, hoping that it will aid me when I have troubles with my bimmer.

I didn't understand the background and any possible animosity that may exist. Now that I understand more of the situation your chip is back where it was on my mod list (at the top).I hope that my inexperience with this car and my quickness to respond have not upset you and I am sincerely sorry if this has caused you any professional or personal woes.

-ashley cyre

MarkD
01-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi Ashley,

thanks anyway but I was not upset with anything in your post so no apology was expected or required!

Regards,

Mark

Springfield1952
01-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Though I know nothing of the offending post, it is very nice to see someone stand up and apologize. It seems the majority of society today doesn't grasp the concept of personal responsibility; i.e. . . .I ate at McDonalds 4 times a week and now I'm fat so I'll sue McDonalds 'cause its their fault. What?!?! Okay, I'm off my soapbox.

Good job Ashley.

Curt.

drum2430
01-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey Ashley.

Your parents did a good job. You are an honorable man. The world would be a much better place if more people would have the courage to do this.

Blessings,

Gordo