PDA

View Full Version : Regular inspection recommendations?

Interceptor
01-26-2005, 08:49 AM
What should be done during regular inspection/oil change and at what intervals? As I can see, many of you make oil changes sooner than recommended - why is that?

It would be great if someone could make a "what should be done" list of recommendations since my inspection is next month.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I noticed that my check control says "ENGINE OIL LOW" after running the car hard for a while, but it disappears after a car is not driven for an hour or so? Is this normal? I also noticed that my car likes to use-up a liter of oil every 1000 miles when driven hard. When driven more gently it seems it's not using up any oil at all?! I use Shell Helix Plus 10w40 but consider switching to Mobil 1 0w40 - i hope it won't eat up oil like fuel! :)

shogun
01-26-2005, 10:25 AM
what has to be done at inspection service I and II, at least in our country here.
Don't you have that?
That is to make sure that each item on the list has to be ticked and checked.

As for the oil: I use 10W 40 all year round, but we do not have a cold winter temperature, very seldom below zero.
I personally would not go to a 0 oil, but that is anyway a point where everyone has his own opinion what is best for his car.
If you drive the car hard, it will cosume more oil, I assume that is normal.