PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issues 92 525

freeparking
01-25-2005, 10:46 PM
I have a 92 525 with 100k on it. Im working out some bugs at the moment.
I want to pick someones brain with this electrical issue cause its driving me bannanas. The odometer reading and headlights pulsate in light intensity as if power is being drained somehow. My battery was just replaced and my alternator LOOKS ok but i havent a clue how to test if the alternator has a problem or not. I dont even know if that is the problem. Ive been getting weird
messages( temperture pops up, trans program, license plat light). I do also have
a seperate issue with the instrument cluster acting eratically and will be replacing the dif speed sensor and capacitors this week, Butt dont know what to do as far as the pulsating lights and odometer readings. Any thought in this would just make my day because this is my first BMW and have fallen in love with it.

Kalevera
01-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Check the LKM for the lights? You could also have a fruity voltage regulator - get a bentley's and a voltmeter to test it. I wouldn't even drive the car until you can test that thing...if it's NOT regulating, it's probably messing up everything else in the system.

The Check Control module could be erroneously faulting out all of those things...my understanding is that there is an updated module. Good luck!