PDA

View Full Version : unlock problems

paschalisg
01-25-2005, 07:49 PM
when I am trying to unlock the doors, they automatically lock again. I am trying for second time and everything is fine! tha same think when I am trying to do the opposite, to lock the doors. I need to do it twice? Any ideas?

632 Regal
01-25-2005, 07:52 PM
did you try to syncronize them yet?

paschalisg
01-25-2005, 07:57 PM
How Am I Going To Do That?

shogun
01-26-2005, 03:29 AM
I further assume that you have a car built before around mid 1991 or an old GM (general module) inside.
You have to check the microswitches in all doors and also the one at the trunk.
Takes a while. Details about this problem are on my page on the link to Johan and Sean's page (shrubbery.student.utwente) and then clock on their site on door microswitch.
Or you install a newer GM which eliminates this function or reacts different so to say.
The new GM has been changed and these are:
-Repeat and time interlock for headwashers, time interlock 3 min.
-headlight washing pump at fifth windshield washing after time interlock
-intensiv washing pump operating at reduced time from 3 to 2 seconds
-minimum interval for wipers reduced to 2 from 3 seconds (programmmable)
-increased wiper contact pressure during windshield washing now also provided

-previously the GM would react opposing signals (e.g. an unlock signal while trying to lock, as with a defective microswitch) by carrying out the first command (e.g. locking, followed immediately by unlocking). Repeating the first command then results in carrying out the command, e.g. try to lock again, and locking is now carried out. This function (Asynchronious Position)is omitted in the NEW GM.
-After unlocking is performed due to crash sensor activiation, the locking command is now reactivated by double-locking with the key from either side (driver or passenger door).
-The one-touch operation of windows has been expanded to all 4 windows in OPENING direction. Drivers side has one touch in both directions
Sunroof is not already in the tilt position.
-switch off delay of the interior lights after entering the vehicle and closing the driver's door reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.

Resynchronisation of the door locks you can also try in case you have used the emergency unlock.

It is mentioned in your owners manual under emergency unlock.
If you cannot find it

look here (http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/Locked.htm)

RIPN RAY
01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
i use to have to lock it twice for it to work. the problem with mine was the wires coming from the trunk lid where cracking, melting, etc... they brake right around the hinge of the trunk (inside next to the cd changer)

shogun
01-26-2005, 12:23 PM
that is a point on the E34 to check first. Broken wires in that area.

Thanks Ray