01-25-2005, 12:55 AM
http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/flaps%20front.jpg

http://www.bimmer.info/~632regal/flaps%20rear.jpg

Incantation
01-25-2005, 05:38 AM
nice.. any more pics?

632 Regal
01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
no more pics yet but you can see them meaty treads on there, the groves are really deep compared to others i seen.

infinity5
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
haha, awesome :) finally got mine on too, thanks for the help. if i had a digital i'd post pics as well, we could start a whole thread of mudflaps. i got a little bit of a technique down for getting those clips on the rear ones.. i coudn't relally use my fingers the rest of the day though :D. hmm.. those cleared corners look nice.. i dunno if want to do mine.. the orane is so pretty.. i need to see a white 5er with them to decide.

632 Regal
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
geez I'm sure theres a few white ones lying around here somewhere!

John B.
01-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I ran the factory mudflaps for one season but ended up leaving them off. Originally installed them to keep all the muck from blowing up onto the rear of the frt fender & drivers door but they didn't make much of a difference so they are back on the shelf.

632 Regal
01-26-2005, 11:37 AM
they make an immence difference to me! Before all it took was the 1 mile drive to the main road for my car to look like hell, not it takes many miles on a salty road for it to get all shitty looking. Also there is no chunks of crap hanging under the rocker panels like before. I look at it as a little way to help my Nika stay happy.

John B.
01-26-2005, 01:49 PM
I found the slush packed up between the flap & tire up front & was a bear to knock off when it froze. Also stuff packs in between the flap & body which isn't good long term. If anyone is interested I believe I've got the complete kit which I'll sell.

Incantation
01-26-2005, 09:36 PM
i wanna see more pics of it.. from different angles n stuff

632 Regal
01-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I like mine, anything that builds up is supposed to otherwise them germans would have made them heated.

infinity5
01-26-2005, 11:21 PM
aaaaaaaahahahaha, heated mudflaps. *wipes tears away* jeez. thats a good one. the 760iL's don't have that do they? that gave me quite a laugh.. that should be a new mod..

"i've just put a 6pd in!"
"oh yeah!? well i've got HEATED mudflaps!"

I like mine, anything that builds up is supposed to otherwise them germans would have made them heated.

John B.
01-27-2005, 09:37 AM

Right! And the Nikasil engines were supposed to self destruct, otherwise the Germans would have made them durable. 30 years of BMW motorcycle ownership has cured me of any illusions that German engineers have all the answers.

632 Regal
01-27-2005, 11:03 AM
john sell your german bikes and get Hondas, my Nikasil didnt self destruct and neither did the others on this site so far.

John B.
01-27-2005, 11:26 AM
john sell your german bikes and get Hondas, my Nikasil didnt self destruct and neither did the others on this site so far.

Actually I bought a Ducati & an Aprilia to do my long distance riding on & have been very happy with both. I do have one Honda though & it has been dead reliable as expected. My 3 BMWs are old Airheads which I expect to have "quirks". I just wasn't willing to put up with the problems that come stock on the newer BMWs, especially considering the premium you pay.

MantecaBMW
01-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Jeff, I didn't know Michigan issued the new "Profanity Series" plates.....

tim
01-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Well Jeff, I like the mudflaps. I was a little disappointed that you didn't put Yosemite Sam with the "BACK OFF" motif, but I guess that's a Texas thing.

There is a very effective silicone spray, at lowes next to WD40, which you probably already know about, which will shed snow from just about anything. My brother lives in Mammoth Lakes, CA, and they get about a zillion feet of snow a year, and those guys spray this stuff all over their wheels and wheel wells. My bro is an environmental dude, so he uses PAM cooking spray instead, but he says it works just as well, but you have to reapply it more often. He also says it comes in different smell formulas that he says chicks dig. Did I mention they get alot of snow there?

If you want to be hardcore, you need the spray.

and a cowbell.

And Yosemite Sam, but I'll let you slide on that one.

632 Regal
01-27-2005, 01:11 PM
LMAO@Tim

John B.
01-27-2005, 01:32 PM
There is a very effective silicone spray, at lowes next to WD40, which you probably already know about, which will shed snow from just about anything. My brother lives in Mammoth Lakes, CA, and they get about a zillion feet of snow a year, and those guys spray this stuff all over their wheels and wheel wells. .

Sounds like a good idea except you'd never be able to repaint those wheels as its almost impossible to remove silicone from paint when its been hosed on regularly like that. Same goes for fenders, ect, where the overspray hits. You'd end up with nothing but fisheyes all over your new paint.

632 Regal
01-27-2005, 06:21 PM
available at a secretary of state near you!

Jeff, I didn't know Michigan issued the new "Profanity Series" plates.....

DueyT
01-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Well Jeff, I like the mudflaps. I was a little disappointed that you didn't put Yosemite Sam with the "BACK OFF" motif, but I guess that's a Texas thing.

There is a very effective silicone spray, at lowes next to WD40, which you probably already know about, which will shed snow from just about anything. My brother lives in Mammoth Lakes, CA, and they get about a zillion feet of snow a year, and those guys spray this stuff all over their wheels and wheel wells. My bro is an environmental dude, so he uses PAM cooking spray instead, but he says it works just as well, but you have to reapply it more often. He also says it comes in different smell formulas that he says chicks dig. Did I mention they get alot of snow there?

If you want to be hardcore, you need the spray.

and a cowbell.

And Yosemite Sam, but I'll let you slide on that one.
Der Tim ist funny, ja! http://www3.sympatico.ca/dnatown/cheesy.gif

uscharalph
07-29-2005, 11:37 PM
What was your technique on the clips? Got the muds flaps from BMA, but no instructions. I've kind of figured it out. I'm just not real sure how the bolts and braces go.

632 Regal
07-30-2005, 03:57 AM
brace on the inside of the fender, flap on the outside. you need some pretty strong fingers to get the clips on there. :D

uscharalph
07-30-2005, 03:04 PM
brace on the inside of the fender, flap on the outside. you need some pretty strong fingers to get the clips on there. :D
Thanks Jeff! The bag the flaps came in had instructions for the seller (Dealer) of the part to print out instructions, since none were included with the part. I went down to the local dealer and they said that they couldn't give them out.

The clips weren't too bad. Strong fingers and a couple taps with a hammer. I actually got the two bottom clips over the curved brace.

uscharalph
07-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Here's a couple of pictures of the mud flaps installed.

uscharalph
07-30-2005, 04:23 PM
I guess I could have taken a little better pictures.