PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a set (4) of these?

e34it
01-23-2005, 10:17 AM
I have 4 wheels and tires with good tread on them, wheels are in good shape, some blemishes. Make an offer if you are interested, they are 15 inch.

632 Regal
01-23-2005, 06:57 PM
the blemish on that wheel is the HUGE bend at 11:00!

winfred
01-23-2005, 07:25 PM
if that's a blemish id hate to see ****ed up

the blemish on that wheel is the HUGE bend at 11:00!

Kalevera
01-23-2005, 09:42 PM
For real...are those wheels true with that "ding" in them? That must have been one hell of a bump.

632 Regal
01-24-2005, 01:05 PM
take pics of the other 3 and the rear of them too!

e34it
01-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Its just the lip, i mean theses arent perfect by any means, just a nice spare set to have for someone, i dunno i thought maybe someone could use them.

GAGE308
01-25-2005, 02:10 AM
i'LL GIVE YOU $50 FOR THE SET. iF THE OTHER 3 ARE GOOD LOOKING.
tHANKS ;-)
YOU CAN REPLY TO:
GAGE308@YAHOO.COM

e34it
01-25-2005, 02:47 AM
50 dollars is kinda shitty, i mean they drive fine, and the tires all have good tread, 50 dollars is kind of insulting, but if u think that is all they are worth........

john@sydney
01-25-2005, 04:00 AM
G'day, hows things ? just a quick q. how much & where in the world are you?

e34it
01-25-2005, 07:06 AM
i am in italy i use the US postal service, and i was thinking more along the lines of 150 dollars

George M
01-25-2005, 08:13 AM
Thought I would post one of the other three wheels. As you can tell this wheel is mint also and will work nicely with the other wheel shown. Be sure to mount them with the same orientation up front for a smooth ride.
Thanks for looking,
George

e34it
01-25-2005, 08:32 AM
very funny, but i thought i might be helping some people out, just trying to be friendly thats all

George M
01-25-2005, 09:34 AM
hehehe...thought you may get a chuckle out it. An obvious parody on your comment about your posted wheel as having a blemish...lol. I laughed pretty hard when I read Winfred's comment who has an uncanny flair for the truth. I love liberties taken when trying to sell stuff. It always backfires. You would be much better served to be dead honest about wheel condition...particularly on a forum like this where some know every bolt on these cars. As to helping some people out...another liberty taken...likely the other way around....only if they have the identical wheels and are looking for a spare or two.
Good Luck,
George

e34it
01-25-2005, 09:44 AM
well alright then the wheel pictured, is a little bent on the lip which doesnt affect the seating of the tire, the other 3 are just fine with a little curb rash, so if anyone is still interested, let me know im not trying to make money here, just putting it out that i have these items if anyone wants/needs them nuff said

GAGE308
01-25-2005, 10:46 AM
WEll Im sorry If you think I am Insulting you dude....at least Im Not Just LAUGHING at it...as basically the guys above were....talking about how bent up they are...NOW...In REALITY...I am offering you that Money without EVEN SEEING the Other THREE TIRES...They COULD be worse....I dont know.....and also have you checked into shipping thses tires?...Im sure that will be NO LESS than $100 or $150...and thats the cheap route...SO...all in alll...My offering you $50 for them brings it to approx $150-$200 that its going to cost me to get the as is looking wheels....and No idea of tread depth on the tires ....BUT...If you feel that insulted please accept my apology.,,,,what kind of price were you thinking of getting for them?....perhaps that wouyld have been the route to take...instead of someone making an offer,,,,,save A lot of typing....and insulting....LOL

GAGE308
01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
DAMN GEORGE....LOL...what are we putting these on so we can have a WOBBLE CONTESt?....I CHALLENGE THEE to a CONTEST OF WOBBLING proportions!!!!!!!

George M
01-25-2005, 10:59 AM
all in good fun Gage...thought you may get a laugh as I did. Hope you guys strike a deal.
George

kngpen
01-25-2005, 12:14 PM
that bend is an engineered aftermarket performance enhancement, at no additional cost.

winfred
01-25-2005, 01:01 PM
that means i am a ******* and damn proud of it :D

Winfred's comment who has an uncanny flair for the truth.

George M
01-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Winfred...I thought I was a bigger one. Please no comments.
:p
George

DueyT
01-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Danger: Imminent threadjacking....George, how's the grinder working out?

p.s. this has nothing to do with trying to fix the one wheel pictured earlier...

granit_silber
01-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Duey,

I just looked at your gallery. AWESOME!

-ashley

DueyT
01-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks Ashley! Although I do have a bit of "road rash" on my summer wheels (hey, I'm getting closer to 'on-thread"!) ;)

Totally on thread: e34it, you have to look at your desire to sell your wheels and the info you provided when considering how others responded to your post. I agree with George that it would have been better to be as up-front with people as possible and say something like, "4 wheels and tires for sale. Some damage to rim, repairable but noticable. Tires have xx depth and are evenly worn (if they are)." You should not be offended that folks might want to see pictures of ALL 4 wheels, inside and outside, as well as photos of all four tire treads. While $50 doesn't sound like much, GAGE is right about shipping cost, amount of info you provided etc... The bent rim and how you first described it was a bit of a warning flag for me if I were in the market for some wheels. A while back, I was going to sell Jeff (632 Regal) my steel winter wheels but I let him know that two of the tires had feathering and gave a bit of vibration. In the end, the other winter wheels I was getting fell through and I had to keep my steel rims, but I would not have felt right about selling anything that was different from what folks might reasonably expect. I think that's where guys are coming from in this case.

Cheers,
Duey

SharkmanBMW
01-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Thought I would post one of the other three wheels. As you can tell this wheel is mint also and will work nicely with the other wheel shown. Be sure to mount them with the same orientation up front for a smooth ride.
Thanks for looking,
George

LMFAO!!!

632 Regal
01-26-2005, 08:32 PM
most the people on here are honest and only deal with the other long time posters. Anyone new or kinda new we are unsure of in the honesty department, some of us are *******s (myself mainly) but when it comes to the seriousness of taking a chance with buying things Im pretty sure even us *******s have enough respect to be honest with each other.

I have bought things from former members here and was definetly unhappy which is why I deal with the regulars or at least cover myself with a credit card if the items are crap. I mean who wants a set of good rims with small blemishes that turn out to be 4 egg shaped rims that are no good for anything but storing the car over the winter on?

In all homesty, how would you feel if you bought them rims with intentions of running them on your own car and couldnt get a decent ride? Thats all I was pointing out in the first place. There is NO way in this world I would have wrote your ad as you did in an effort to sell them to someone on here.

TC535i
01-26-2005, 09:04 PM
"It's just the lip"??

Wow...

e34it
02-26-2005, 02:57 PM
I actually sold the set to a friend of mine here for his 520 for 200 bucks, they worked out fine, like I said they were never perfect, and I dont intend to mislead anyone, i just worded it wrong, so my apologies to anyone. I consider myself a regular now, I am still learning, but i am on the site reading everyday, and posting frequently. I am glad to be a member of this community though, I appreciate al the help i have received, and would be glad to return the favor if possible. Thanks.

632 Regal
02-26-2005, 04:29 PM
sweet deal, I'm glad it worked out for you and your friend.